BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Ducati Streetfighter V4

15K views 52 replies 17 participants last post by  bmwbadboy 
#1 ·
Official! Ducati Streetfighter V4 confirmed for 2020, prototype to compete at Pikes Peak

Ducati have confirmed their new Streetfighter V4 will launch in 2020, and a prototype will be testing at Pikes Peak this year starting on June 30.

This naked beast is an un-faired version of the Panigale V4 with higher, wider handlebars. It uses aerodynamic wings and scoops in an effort to keep that 1100cc motor’s performance under control, and in this case is finished in a special “pixelated” livery that’s designed not to hide the bike’s curves, but to amplify its shapeliness.

It marks the next stage in the bike’s development following the circuit testing we spied being carried out back in May. It’ll be ridden up the famous American hillclimb – often called “the race to the clouds” – by Carlin Dunne.

We’ll see the finished bike at EICMA, the Milan motorcycle show, in November, with first deliveries starting in mid-March 2020.

"The Streetfighter V4 will be one of the stars of the Ducati World Premiere 2020," declared Claudio Domenicali, CEO of Ducati. "Streetfighter V4 is the Panigale for road riding; so there was no better stage than the Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb for what will be the highest performance Streetfighter ever put into production."

Spyshots have emerged of Ducati testing a new V4 powered naked on track in Italy and if the Panigale is anything to go by, it should blow the competition out of the water. Ducati boss Claudio Domenicali has previously said there will be more models added to the V4 platform but this is the first time we’ve seen anything in the flesh.

Judging by this photo very little about the engine appears to have changed. The cases seem the same, as does the exhaust, unlike the last generation of Streetfighter that had shotgun pipes. Assuming that Ducati put some different cams in and remap it to give it more midrange, we’d expect the 1103cc engine to put out around 185bhp and 90ftlbs of torque.

The bodywork is pure Panigale, too – with the headlight matching the superbike’s aggressive looking features. There’s no screen or half fairing, like the Aprilia Tuono, but we believe that some trickery has gone on around the radiator shroud to incorporate a set of small wings, in a similar vain to the new MV Agusta Brutale 1000 Serie Oro. The rest of the bodywork is very similar to the Panigale although the subframe is sporting a pillion seat and pegs. It’s also retained the V4’s single-sided swingarm and we suspect it will maintain the exact same electronics package.

We’re expecting the Streetfighter to come in a few different spec levels, with the base model effectively replacing the aging Monster 1200. As such we’d expect the base model to cost around £15,000 with an uprated S model costing more like £17,500.

Given the finished nature of the bike in the pictures, we expect to see the finished model unveiled at the Milan motorcycle show (EICMA) in November, and to arrive in showrooms by Spring 2020.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/ducati-streetfighter-v4-/

See less See more
#7 ·
I am dreaming of a Sport Touring version of the V4, I would pick one up the day it came out.

#4 ·
Looks pretty cool indeed. Apart from the winglets, those have no place on a naked bike imho.

The bars look relatively low so I think it's more of a competitor to the S1000R and Tuono than SuperDuke. Wonder if and how much they de-tuned the V4 engine for the Streetfighter or if they kept it as-is. My hope is for more low end torque and a bit better fueling down low but still something like 180bhp.

#5 ·
Looks pretty cool indeed. Apart from the winglets, those have no place on a naked bike imho.

The bars look relatively low so I think it's more of a competitor to the S1000R and Tuono than SuperDuke. Wonder if and how much they de-tuned the V4 engine for the Streetfighter or if they kept it as-is. My hope is for more low end torque and a bit better fueling down low but still something like 180bhp.
I bet the only reason why they linked it's announcement to Pikes Peak is because they want to beat Chris Fillmore's record on Superduke 1290.

So it's a competitor to KTM

#6 ·
Not going to lie. Having owned a 2012 SF, this makes me excited to see what the production model will look like when it comes out.

But those winglets got to go! They are more of a gimmick then it actually being useful on a road bike... Unless you're planning to set a new PR commuting to work.

#17 ·
Ducati's latest naked, the Streetfighter V4, has been off to a stunning start on this weekend's "Race to the Clouds" at Pikes Peak in the USA.

Ridden by American Carlin Dunne in the Exhibition Powersport class, the new bike covered the first section (5.16 miles - the distance of qualifying runs) of the famous 12.42-mile hillclimb in just 4:09.550 - around 5.5 seconds quicker than the second-placed bike: an Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 with Australian Rennie Scaysbrook on top, posting a 4:15.006. Third place was another Ducati - an MTS-1260 Pikes Peak (below) ridden by the USA's Codie Vahsholtz in 4:15.775.

Get live timing direct from the event by clicking here. Racing starts at 7:30am local time (00:30am UK time) on Sunday June 30, running until 12:00pm (5:00am UK time).

#23 ·
#24 ·
So 208HP and 178kg? 208HP on a naked is wasted. They don't have the aero to do the speeds of a faired bike and traction control will just stifle it through the low-mid range. Its bad enough on a faired bike. All good for more HP but it's not really usable at all. Tyres can only transmit so much torque and hp to the wheels without electronic intervention. The general punter will always go for more HP and less weight. But in terms of speed. It's useless on the street. Especially with no aero.

#30 ·
Not going to lie, i was looking forward to the release of this bike. But if the pricing wasn't so absurdly high, i'd probably jump ship to the streetfighter.

20.000 euros for a base model is just crazy money for any a naked bike.

I've had issues with my new R, but in the end, i'd still buy one after i've experienced it's capability's on the road as well on track.

#34 ·
Not a fan of the style. I rather have a Panigale V4S Corse. Or a Hypermotard SP! Those are my Ducati’s of choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bennymx
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.