Brembo SuperSport Rotors Not Centered in Caliper - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Brembo SuperSport Rotors Not Centered in Caliper

About 1 year ago I replaced my original front brake rotors with Brembo SuperSport rotors that were listed as a fit for my 2010 model. While the brakes worked good last year at the track, I noticed when prepping the bikes for this year that the inner tabs that hold in the brake pad on both sides of the front wheel were nearly hitting the rotor. There was a larger gap between the outer tabs and rotor on both sides.

I ended up buying some thin washers (~0.75 mm thick) and placed them between the rotors and the wheel at the bolt mounting points. This effectively moved the rotors slightly outward. After mounting the wheel and brake calipers, I noticed that the gaps between the inner tabs and outer tabs on both sides are pretty close to even.

My bike is an early 2010 model without abs / traction control with cast wheels. It appears that the Brembo SuperSport rotors have a slightly different mounting depth as the reason the rotors were not centered in the calipers.

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 08:00 PM

Garage
I had the exact opposite scenario with my Brembo HPK Supersport rotors on OZ Racing wheels. After centering the wheel properly the rotors were both too far spaced out and after 5 sessions on new pads the cast caliper tabs were contacting the rotor hence reducing the braking significantly. I ended up having to dremel the outside tabs away slightly to gain proper clearance. No washers were used at all so this was my only option.

2019/20/K67/Gen3 or whatever M Sport ordered
2017 RR road (RIP)
2010 RR track
@andrew_s1000rr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode