BMW S1000RR Forum banner

GS-911 Tool... GROUP BUY - Who wants one.?

69K views 460 replies 192 participants last post by  HardRacing 
#1 · (Edited)
Well it seems there are plenty of you who already bought this tool.

But, for those of you ... who have NOT... We are checking to see if you want to do a Group Buy.?

If you look at it like this... just a few times having to bring it to your local dealer and PAY THEM to reset your Service Reminders and/or Read any fault codes, or Clear Any Fault Codes, etc...
Then you kinda already paid for the tool.

Ok, for you that do not know what it is....... Here is Details:

GS-911 is a Diagnostic Tool for BMW Motorcycles - a specialized tool consisting of an intelligent electronic interface in combination with Windows software. Also available is mobile software for most mobile phones, including Blackberry. This in particular makes the tool portable enough to take on any trip.

Read Diagnostic Fault Codes

This shows the Fault codes and text descriptions of the faults stored on the Electronic Control Unit.
Shows ECU information

See hardware and software versions, manufacturing dates, and other manufacturer related data.
Clears Diagnostic Fault Codes

Enables you to erase fault codes once the problem has been fixed.
Reset Service Reminders

Enables you to remove and set service reminders.
Recalibrate Idle Actuation

Reset the idle stepper actuators on R-series

The Windows PC software
works with both the GS-911usb and GS-911blu interfaces
This is the main software for the GS-911 product. It works with both the GS-911usb and GS-911blu hardware interfaces, and connects to the PC through USB. Advanced Windows users can us the Bluetooth connection (if they have one available on their PC/Laptop) to connect to the GS-911blu interface (instead of the USB), giving you the freedom of a wireless connection...

The Windows PC software
This is the main software for the GS-911 product. It works with both the GS-911usb and GS-911blu hardware interfaces, and connects to the PC through USB. Advanced Windows users can us the Bluetooth connection (if they have one available on their PC/Laptop) to connect to the GS-911blu interface (instead of the USB), giving you the freedom of a wireless connection...

The Mobile software
works with only the GS-911blu interface There are several different versions of the Mobile software, intended to run on their respective different hardware platforms. These versions are:
Windows Mobile ( for all devices running Win Mobile OS, versions 5 & 6)
BlackBerry (for all BlackBerry devices)
Java Midlet ( for all JSR-82 compliant phones - these are your typical Nokia, Sony-Ericsson, Motorola, Samsung etc... (pretty much all that are not Win Mobile or Blackberry - and to test whether your mobile is JSR-82 compliant, there is a freely downloadable application to test your mobile phone/device)

The Windows PC software

The Mobile software
works with only the GS-911blu interfaceThere are several different versions of the Mobile software, intended to run on their respective different hardware platforms. These versions are:
  • Windows Mobile ( for all devices running Win Mobile OS, versions 5 & 6)
  • BlackBerry (for all BlackBerry devices)

FITS THESE MODELS:

S1000RR - ALL

R-Series:
    HP2 Enduro, HP2 Megamoto, R1200GS, R1200GS Adventure, R1200RT, R1200R, R1200ST, R1200S, R1200S HP2
    R1200C, R1200CL, (single- & twin-spark on all models)
    R1150GS/Adventure, R1150RT, R1150R, R1150RS (single- & twin-spark on all models)
    R1100S (single- & twin-spark)
    R850C, R850R, R850RT
  • K-Series:
    K1300GT, K1300R, K1300S
    K1200GT, K1200R, K1200R Sport, K1200S, K1200LT, K1200GT (non-CAN), K1200RS
  • F-Series:
    F800S, F800ST, F800GS, F800R
    F650GS (2008+ 2 cylinder)
    F650GS, F650GS/Dakar, F650CS (single- & 2-spark on all models)
  • C-Series:
    C1, C1-200
  • G-Series:
    G650 XChallenge, G650 XCounty, G650 XMoto
    G650GS
    G450X
++++++++++++++++

UPDATE:

Ok so there seems to be enough demand, we are going to run this Group Buy for our FORUM MEMBERS.

We just got a small shipment sent to us TODAY.
They Should be here in our store middle of the week.

As always, First come First Serve. So please don't get angry if you wait, and we sold out.

GS-911usb Enthusiast The interface has USB only
Connect your PC/Laptop to your BMW motorcycle through USB.
SALE Price $299.00 (order through the GB Link below and get FREE SHIPPING)

GS-911blu Enthusiast The interface has USB & Bluetooth
Connect your PC/Laptop to your BMW motorcycle through USB, or if you're on a trip, use your mobile phone or Blackberry, instead of your PC, to read the Fault Codes etc...
SALE Price $349.00 (order through the GB Link below and get FREE SHIPPING)

>> ORDER GS-911 Service Tool <<

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Yes, the S1000RR is supported (for the PC) through their 2nd or 3rd latest beta version. I haven't been back on their website lately, but can tell you it works great for what it's designed to do. They do NOT have the Bluetooth version out yet (for the S1000RR), although the owner/designer tells me that they are testing it right now. So hopefully the Bluetooth version will be out soon in order to hook up to a Blackberry or similar phone. That way you can log diagnostic information (including lean angles) into your phone and view them later through their website or create your own table/graphic view.

I bought it primarily for checking codes, clearing codes, but more so to reset the "Service Indicator" light along with the "Next Service Date". I live far enough away from Dealers, that the logistics of getting down there for simple services isn't so feasible. I figured for the price of 2-3 oil changes, I've paid for the unit :)

Further information on what is supported for the S1000RR can be found here --> Function Chart — Hex code

If you have additional BMWs, many of them are supported by this tool.

So far I've used mine for:
  • Reseting the Service Light/Date A Few Times
  • Checking For Codes
  • Realized it throws an internal code when unhooking the exhaust valve on the outlet of the cat using this tool - nothing on the dash though and it's not resettable by this tool (or the dealer)
  • When I installed my PCV, I forgot to connect back the TPS (throttle postiion sensor) and starting the bike was a no-go... it didn't like that too much. Hooked the GS-911 up and it showed an error for the TPS.. looked and sure enough I forgot to plug it back in.

#6 ·
Bluetooth is just a wireless delivery media. It's not responsible for lack of support. It's the app that lives on the Blackberry that doesn't supportthe "S" yet. I've been using my Blackberry to support my "K" bike for a couple of years via Bluetooth with no problems.

#8 ·

If we can get 5-10 we can knock off extra 10%

If we can break 10+ we can knock off extra 20%

It just comes down to looking at the future.. just like D said above..

"how much money am I going to spend... over the course of the next 1-2 years by having to bring my bike into the dealership all the time "

Vs.

Having this product, and doing it yourself.

AND how much is your time worth. Something NOT mentioned above.

Cause you know every visit to the dealer is at least 2-3 hrs of sitting around. Not to mention drive time to and from. :(

#9 ·
I would also be interested in the Bluetooth version, if it was to be released fairly soon ( might be worth the wait). A month or two for the latest version is not an onerous wait.
One other question is whether or not you can synch it to an Iphone at this time?

#11 ·

That's what we were thinking.

But, not sure if the Extra $50 for BT, is really worth it.
You only use this every few months.
usb is pretty straight forward.

Takes more effort to turn on your bluetooth, par it, and sync it, then it does to just plug in a usb Cord

#14 ·

The discount would come off these prices:

The Professional is only if your going to be sharing it or renting it with 10 or more fellow BMW Riders.

GS-911usb Enthusiast $299.00
The interface has USB only

GS-911blu Enthusiast $349.00
The interface has USB & Bluetooth
Connect your PC/Laptop to your BMW motorcycle through USB, or if you're on a trip, use your mobile phone or Blackberry, instead of your PC, to read the Fault Codes etc...

GS-911usb Professional $499.00
The interface has USB only

GS-911blu Professional $549.00

#15 ·
In hopes that they'd come out w/the bluetooth version for the S1000RR soon, I opted for the Bluetooth version. I was interested in logging some data just for the fun of it. Thought it would be neat to log lean angles as well as other stuff. The PC version (via USB) works great and you can actually trouble shoot quite a bit of stuff. It will do a recalibration for your crossover valves in the headers and the exit/cat valve as well as test fuel pump functionality and plenty of other stuff.

#17 ·
silly question perhaps, but, does one leave this connected to their bike at all times and check it with whatever phone/lappy they have available or would you only connect it when you wanted to scan?
whats MSRP? im interested for resetting the service light alone.
$300 for the USB version, $350 for the USB/Bluetooth version... unless HR can get you folks a discount...

You don't need to leave it plugged into the bike unless you want to check codes, reset light, or other tests it can perform (via a laptop and USB cable). Once the bluetooth version of software is available for the phones, you can hook it up and leave it hooked up if you are wishing for it to log information to your phone. Or just hook it up when you want to read a code or something if you're on the road or at the track (and have no laptop).

The diagnostic port on your bike is in the trunk just behind the front seat... decent sized round plug w/a cap on it (black).

#18 ·
haha yeah sorry about the price question, i saw it and edited my post. i was thinking more about leaving it attached for breakdowns, but i guess it wouldnt matter if you broke down unless its a screw driver fix youre foocked. id still be down for one.

#20 ·
You can use the Enthusiast on up to 10 VIN #'s (10 bikes)...

More info can be found at GS-911 Diagnostic Tool for BMW Motorcycles

I probably should have negotiated my commission prior to putting all these posts up - LOL :D :p

#23 ·
Ok. so we assume that no one is going to want to pay double for the professional.

So here is what the GB Pricing will be.

GS-911usb Enthusiast The interface has USB only

Connect your PC/Laptop to your BMW motorcycle through USB. Regular Price $299.00
Group Buy Price 5-10 $269
Group Buy Price 10+ $245

Regular Price $349.00
Group Buy Price 5-10 $314
Group Buy Price 10+ $284

#31 ·
this just in direct from GS-911

Hi Joe,

Currently the GS-911 cannot communicate with any Apple products via bluetooth. Hexcode would love for the two devices to communicate via buetooth and has continued to pursue the ability. While the possibility has not been rued out, it will be some time before we know when/if it will happen. If you would like to read the details you can check the provided link. Does it run on my iPhone? — Hex code

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

James

#42 ·
MORE GS911 Tools arriving this week

So they finally got more of these into the country.

Which means, we should be filling all our back orders this week.

That leaves a few left over. Just 2 more sold , and we have the 10 units for the 2nd tear Group Buy Pricing.

Regular Price $349.00
Group Buy Price 5-10 $314
Group Buy Price 10+ units sold - $284/each

>> ORDER GS-911 Service Tool <<

Thanks guys.

#46 ·
"Just be careful when you use the device and go about clearing codes!"

"The code you clear may be the warranty you just lost." (e.g. When either your dealer says, "We can't find anything wrong" - or he hits you over the head saying, "Why did you clear the damn error code? We needed that for the warranty claim!" <damhik. opps. :eek: >

Mack

#47 ·
"Just be careful when you use the device and go about clearing codes!"

Well Put.

The proverbial, "don't be stupid."

This device is easy to use, and easy to clear codes and see lots of information about your bike.

That being said.. just smart about it. If you don't recognize a code, don't go and erase it, until you know what it means and it's importance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.