BMW S1000RR Forum banner

PROTI Fully Forged Titanium Fasteners!

13K views 55 replies 15 participants last post by  Tahoebrian5 
#1 · (Edited)

Another top of the line brand has just been added to the series of high-end products offered to you by www.motomillion.com

These beautiful fasteners might need little to no introduction but just in case it is the first time you hear of them, PROTI makes Fully Forged Titanium fasteners for road and racing applications. The fully forged manufacturing process ensures that there is no CNC cutting involved what so ever during the making, which makes the fasteners as rigid as possible while keeping the weight to a minimum, oh and look at how beautiful they look!

To view the full line up of products we offer from PROTI for the S1000RR click here > https://www.motomillion.com/collections/bmw-s1000rr/titanium-fasteners

All products on our website will be stocked and shipped from the USA no later than November 1st, 2016 and we are working towards stocking the full line up of products offered by PROTI for the S1000RR.

This means stocked and shipped from USA, at your doorstep in USA within 2-3 business days! (Starting November 1st, 2016)

INTRODUCTORY PRICING DISCOUNT IN EFFECT UNTIL NOVEMBER 11, 2016! Use discount code PROTIS1K at checkout!

You can find the individual links to the products below:

BMW S1000RR PROTI TITANIUM BRAKE ROTOR BOLT KITS

BMW S1000RR PROTI TITANIUM FRONT BRAKE CALIPER BOLT KIT

BMW S1000RR PROTI TITANIUM FRONT AXLE CLAMP BOLT KIT

BMW S1000RR PROTI TITANIUM FRONT FENDER BOLT KIT

BMW S1000RR PROTI TITANIUM SPROCKET NUT & HUB BOLT KIT

BMW S1000RR PROTI TITANIUM WINDSHIELD FAIRING BOLT KIT

All fasteners are offered in three colors, gold, blue and titanium. Tiodized for a beautiful superb finish.

Sold in their retail packaging.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask directly by replying to this thread or PM me directly.

See less See more
#5 ·
Perfect timing. Next month I'll be adding a second set of wheels and will be purchasing hardware for assembling discs, sensor rings etc. This will probably be another early Christmas for me. :grin2:

#7 ·
"Bolts are completely made using the forging process, no CNC cutting technique is used, this includes the sockets as well as the threads."

If this is true about the threads, I especially like it. Roll-formed threads are strongest with excellent grain direction.

My question is, considering that fastened joints are engineered for specific fasteners and their materials are chosen to give a particular clamping force at "X" torque, do you need to adjust the torque values to account for the different material?

Also, if you were to replace every fastener outside of the engine, how much weight would you really save? I'd bet that even with the axles, the total weight of these fasteners is less than 5% of the total weight of the bike. Beautiful stuff though, no doubt!

So, who's gonna make a Ti frame and swingarm, and matching triple clamps? :)

#9 ·
They are completely forged and yes even the threads. No CNC cutting has taken place with these fasteners.

They specify using the factory torque specs on all bolts.

I would love to know the exact weight difference after changing all the fasteners to titanium on the bike as well, but don't have an exact figure for it. But every little bit helps and it adds up quicker than some people might expect. Also don't forget the effect they will have by reducing unsprung weight on specific parts.

All in all, it is a luxury item to have on your bike, it makes it look damn cool and it does serve a purpose in weight savings and also these bolts being Titanium are resistant to corrosion.

#16 ·
I have a black '16 with Rizoma blue parts. Any idea how the blue Pro Ti metal will compare with the Rizoma blue? Of course I love the Pro Ti jewelry, but I would hate for the bike to look silly. It may be unrealistic to expect a match, but maybe there is enough "space" between the Rizoma parts and the Pro Ti stuff that it won't matter?

Thx!

#17 ·
I just took a picture for you to see.

That is the 4Racing Chain Adjuster in blue, which is the same blue as the Rizoma blue parts. I put the PROTI bolt right next to it so you can get an idea.

If you put them side by side, they aren't an exact match, the PROTI being Titanium has the little purplish blue tinge to it. But as you mentioned, since they won't be side by side on the bike, I doubt that the mismatch would be noticeable, especially since both parts look even different shades under different type of light / angle of light.

#23 ·
Yes, those will be coming in too. Those should be in stock by December. We will carry the full line up of everything they offer, in stock here in USA, by 2017.

#24 ·
Only a couple of days left on the introductory pricing.

Remember to use discount code PROTIS1K at checkout to get your discount on these wonderful fasteners.

Those who have placed orders should all have a tracking number by now as well, delivery times are 1-3 business days for all orders :nerd:

#25 ·
Thanks for the reminder. Order placed.

FYI: @MotoMillion is like the NSA. He tracks you. I tried to place the order from work. Got to check out and realized the CC I wanted to use was on my desk at home. :frown2: I closed my browser. When I got home there was a reminder e-mail saying I had stuff in my cart. :nerd:

#26 ·
Thanks for the reminder. Order placed.

FYI: @MotoMillion is like the NSA. He tracks you. I tried to place the order from work. Got to check out and realized the CC I wanted to use was on my desk at home. :frown2: I closed my browser. When I got home there was a reminder e-mail saying I had stuff in my cart. :nerd:

Did you pay for mine?

It's called abandoned cart feature.

#30 ·
Last day for the introductory pricing!

Don't miss out on your chance to get an amazing deal on the best titanium fasteners which you can get for your S1000RR!

#36 ·
#37 ·
Anyone get the gold brake bolts and have pictures installed? I'm unsure what color to put on the bike and trying to decide. Going to put either the MMR light weight rear rotor or CF rotor on at the same time or Superbike Unlimited lightweight rear rotor.

#38 ·
Not sure if this is of help, but here is a picture of the gold axle clamp bolts along with the rotor bolts installed on a KTM

Attachments

#39 ·
I've been thinking of what color goes well with the red/white s1krr. I think im gonna go with gold. if anybody has pictures of gold Ti on red/white S1k be a pal and put them up!

#42 ·
Out of curiosity, I did a quick look there, and it didn't list a spec, Class, or strength. So, is it the equivalent of, say, a Grade 5 or Grade 8 bolt, or Class 8.8 or 9.8 or 10.9? That would be a big concern for highly stressed bolts. Just wondering.....

#44 ·
All colors and listed fasteners are IN STOCK! Meaning that they will ship out the same day that your orders are placed and will be delivered in 1-3 business days within USA!

We also have received some other PROTI titanium bolts for the S1000RR (the abs system bolts etc...) those will be up on the site by the end of the week!

Order directly from https://www.motomillion.com/collections/bmw-s1000rr/titanium-fasteners

Use discount code S1000RRFORUM at checkout to receive your forum discount!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.