BMW S1000RR Forum banner

PZRacing B-Tronic Plug and Play GPS Lap Timer for OEM Display

24K views 52 replies 17 participants last post by  S&Kmotorrad 
#1 · (Edited)

My promise to bring you only the best and the highest quality products delivers another great line-up of products for your S1000RR!

Introducing the PZRacing B-Tronic! MADE in ITALY using only the highest quality components and the latest cutting edge technology.

What sets the PZRacing B-Tronic Plug and Play Lap Timer Apart from others?

-Unlike other lap timer trigger modules on the market this unit enables your OEM instrument cluster display to become a GPS lap timer and for you to view your lap times directly on your factory LCD Display!
- Extremely compact unit.
-No splicing or wiring work is needed. Very simple installation; Plug the unit into the special input of your motorcycle, place receiver module and you are on your way!
-The state of the art 50Hz GPS receiver used in this unit ensures extremely accurate lap times! Lap times will be stored and displayed on your factory instrument cluster!
- The new BW400 units now feature some of the worlds most famous tracks predefined. This means you will not have to setup the start/finish line for these tracks. If the race track which you are visiting is not listed, you can still manually setup the start/finish line with a simple push of a button.

Will it fit my S1000RR?
- Fits all years and models of the S1000RR (2009-2016) including HP4.

How much?
- Only $204.20 USD with Fast Free Shipping within USA! (with the forum discount code)

How long before I receive my PZRacing Gear Indicator once I place an order?

- USA delivery times are 1-3 business days.
- Canadian delivery times are 4-5 business days (We take care of your border fees).
- Other International locations 6-8 business days.

What is the shipping cost?

- Shipping to USA is FREE
- International Shipping to Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey is only $18 USD.
- International Shipping to other countries is $48 USD.

How do I place an order?

- Order directly from our website https://www.motomillion.com/products/pzracing-b-tronic-plug-and-play-lap-timer-for-bmw-s1000rr-bw400
- Remember to use discount code S1000RRFORUM-Q3 on our website to get the forum discount.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to PM me, and I will do my best to get back to you as quickly as possible.​

See less See more
#3 ·
A GPS lap timer that is plug and play for your S1000RR that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

See your lap times on your OEM dash with the highest accuracy. 50Hz GPS receiver means position sampling at 50 times per second, the first on the market!

#8 ·
You can set it from the pits. As long as you aren't too far away from the actual start/finish line.

If it is just the next lane over (ie, you are near the wall, it will work).

#7 ·
Very interested to hear...

From anyone who has used this. Currently using an XT-Zed on my R1 Race Bike and I'm just about to switch it over to the BMW...but it's not easy as it's big.

Who has experience with it??

Reactions: pchao
#9 ·
From anyone who has used this. Currently using an XT-Zed on my R1 Race Bike and I'm just about to switch it over to the BMW...but it's not easy as it's big.

Who has experience with it??
If the size is an issue with the XT-Zed for you, this is the perfect alternative, no need for any extra displays etc...

PZRacing actually makes the similar unit to be used with the YEC harness on Yamaha's.

#12 ·
I still havent forgotten about this unit. ;)

I do have another question for you. Does this unit remember the start/finish location after ignition has been turned off? As in, if I come in off the track and shut the bike off, when I go back out, will I need to set the start/finish line point again?

#14 ·
I got one of these. super easy to install. Not yet tested at the track however. Works going around my block in a circle. Been raining so much last 3 weeks on all the wrong days I want to ride.

Here is a pic if the plug and play area of the right side panel. I Velcro it out of the way so when not in use I don't have to look at it. then at the track I will put a piece of Velcro on the top panel by the fuel tank and I can get to the button real easy.

Attachments

#16 ·
You can set it while riding or standing still.

The best practice it to set it exactly where you want it to be, so while riding, but you can still set it at the pit lane if the pitlane is simply a lane or two over the actual start finish position you want it to be at.

#18 · (Edited)
Bike setup

I installed the timer on the bike, marked the start/finish on track Now it is doing the double blink that says it found the location, but I am getting no lap times. The timer is enabled and I tried Auto and External modes, with no luck. I was able to set my times manually.

Is there anything else you need to do? The instructions are fine for installation, but tell you nothing else.

Thanks!

#19 ·
I installed the timer on the bike, marked the start/finish on track Now it is doing the double blink that says it found the location, but I am getting no lap times. The timer is enabled and I tried Auto and External modes, with no luck. I was able to set my times manually.

Is there anything else you need to do? The instructions are fine for installation, but tell you nothing else.

Thanks!
Here is an update for the people who are running thing. PZRacing advises NOT to use the pitlane as a marker. They say for the best results, set the start/finish line on the track, while passing the location which you want as the start/finish line.

Also where did you install the unit onto? Maybe it is being obstructed while you are riding it.

Attachments

#20 ·
OK. I had pressed the button on track and it had the double blink.

I have it mounted on the front of the tank. I am in a full tuck when I cross start/finish of course, so may be it is being occluded. Not sure where else you could mount it with the provided cable length though. Possibly on the side of the front fairing.

Can you tell me what settings are required on the bike setup side?

#24 ·
Track season is here for almost all of us, and these trick GPS lap timers are just a great addition to your S1000RR.

Order directly from www.motomillion.com and make sure to use the forum discount code S1000RRFORUM-Q2 at checkout!

#26 ·
Wow this looks like an awesome piece of timing gear.
I just re-read my owners manual for my 2013 and there are some cool features if you utilize the stock lap timer.

Fastest lap anticipated is awesome.
Manual states, "When you start a new lap your intermediate times are taken every 100 metres and compared with the corresponding intermediate times of the best lap stored in memory. If your intermediate times show that you are faster than on your previous best lap the processor anticipates that this lap will be your new best
time. "Fastest lap" indicator lights up."
The indicator is a little stop watch on the bottom left.

Information per lap includes, top speed, lowest speed, average throttle twist grip position, percentage of lap ridden with brakes applied, and number of gear shifts.

How many laps can be stored on the stock lap timer?

Will the PZ unit only save 1 track at a time?

Anyone have experience with how easy this is to set up the start/finish point?
Do you need to be going slow or does it not matter? I'd hate to be forced to go at a slow pace, while holding down the button to set the start/finish point. That would create a huge hazard on a crowded track.

#28 ·
Just an update!

Just received new stock for these, and now they are all the BW400 units. They have predefined race tracks throughout the world, including a dozen or more in the USA. Which means you will not have to set the start/finish line if you are at one of these predefined tracks.

If the track you are visiting isn't listed, you can still set the start/finish line simply with the push of a button.

Follow the link below to download the manual to see the predefined tracks.

https://www.motomillion.com/products/pzracing-b-tronic-plug-and-play-lap-timer-for-bmw-s1000rr-bw400

#32 ·
Here is a few quick troubleshooting questions:

1) Is the trigger mode on the bikes menu set to AUTO or EXTERN?
2) Is the gps led light on the module, lit solid or blinking?
3) Where did you place the gps module on the bike?

#34 ·
#43 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.