BMW S1000RR Forum banner

World Superbike 2017 (spoiler alert)

6K views 42 replies 13 participants last post by  wfo439 
#1 ·
The first race came and went today with nary a post. This proves nobody here cares to watch a Kawi/ Ducati parade. :laugh: In case I'm wrong, today's results. H/T superbikeplanet.com

Pos. Rider Team Bike Diff
1 Jonathan Rea Kawasaki Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R
2 Chaz Davies Aruba.it Racing – Ducati Ducati Panigale R 0.042
3 Tom Sykes Kawasaki Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R 1.050
4 Alex Lowes Pata Yamaha Official WorldSBK Yamaha YZF R1 1.082
5 Leon Camier MV Agusta Reparto Corse MV Agusta 1000 F4 3.002
6 Xavi Fores Barni Racing Ducati Panigale R 3.320
7 Jordi Torres Althea BMW Racing BMW S1000 RR 8.725
8 Eugene Laverty Milwaukee Aprilia Aprilia RSV4 RF 12.135
9 Michael van der Mark Pata Yamaha Official WorldSBK Yamaha YZF R1 12.180
10 Randy Krummenacher Kawasaki Puccetti Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R 12.439
11 Nicky Hayden Red Bull Honda World Superbike Honda CBR1000RR SP 19.344
12 Markus Reiterberger Althea BMW Racing BMW S1000 RR 21.336
13 Román Ramos GoEleven Kawasaki ZX-10R 24.866
14 Alex De Angelis Pedercini Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R 24.902
15 Stefan Bradl Red Bull Honda World Superbike Honda CBR1000RR SP 28.936
16 Riccardo Russo Guandalini Racing Yamaha YZF R1 39.404
17 Ayrton Badovini Grillini Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R 42.941
18 Ondrej Jezek Grillini Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R 48.043
DNF Marco Melandri Aruba.it Racing – Ducati Ducati Panigale R
DNF Joshua Brookes ERMotorsport-EliteRoads.com.au Yamaha YZF R1
DNF Lorenzo Savadori Milwaukee Aprilia Aprilia RSV4 RF

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/2017-world-superbike-phillip-island-australia-race-1-results/

See less See more
Reactions: 5150 Pops
#3 · (Edited)
Race 2 will have to wait. Gotta get up early for another track day. :smile2:

LOL. I'm rooting for him over the Kawis. Rea over Sykes any day. Honda should have given Nicky nitrous and enough gas to last the entire race. :laugh: Their "new" bike is pathetic!

#5 · (Edited)
WSS

WOW, who else saw the end of WSS round 1?

Not sure if it was Cluzel (EDIT: it was Cluzel) or the other guy, who flew further- horizontally no less- than anyone I've ever seen.

Revised margin of victory .001 Rolfo declared winner after initial report of Mahias as winner.

Awesome action.
I did not get to see the start, pj had pole, not sure why he was 15th with 6 laps to go, but he finished 6th.
:laugh:

EDIT
..This blond that beIN Sports has doing in studio commentary continues to assert that Rolfo was "given the win by race direction after review of the elbow from Mahias"

She even said this as they showed the ACTUAL photo at the finish line, clearly showing Rolfo's wheel ahead of Mahias' wheel by a few inches! The transponder on Mahias' bike obviously was placed further forward on his bike than it was on Rolfo's bike.

#8 ·
Yes, they do.
Their programming schedule description, is not very accurate sometimes. Search hour by hour on your on-screen menu, or go online to their site, and find anything with motorcycle in the title.

The alternative is to buy a season pass to wsbk dot com, which gives you the ability to watch practice, qualifying, superpole, the races as much as you want, when you want.

They replayed race 1 before WSS and race 2 last night, but I didn't watch, due to already having peeked at the results online. If I did, I wouldn't have missed the opening laps of WSS, and would have known PJ ran off track after a red flag restart which he got a poor start from pole, for the second time that day.

The best thing about beIN's coverage-flag to flag commercial break free-coverage!!!
Suck it, FS1/2!

#10 ·
All three races were very exciting. Race 2 was very exciting, it didnt seem as if there was as much sandbagging as the first race.

Sykes is still struggling with the rule changes to the Kawi. Melandri can be a strong force if he can ride the Duc with a bit of restraint. Rea and Davies are still very strong and it will be a Davies vs Rea season again. I'm hoping Lowes can sneak in with a win or two on the Yami. He looked very good out there, especially with the Yami being down on power. I was hoping Laverty could have been stronger, but the Ape needs some more development. Honda is going to catch up with this new bike, but they will not be able to battle consistently with the Ducs nor the Kawis this year. Althea BMW will be a mid pack bike yet again. They will need full factory support to make the S1000RR a front runner.

#13 ·
beIN rebroadcast starts at 8pm EST Tuesday. On screen guide only suggests, race 1 at 8pm followed by race 2 at 9pm.

I never watched the rebroadcast on Tuesday last year, so I'm unsure if they edit them to include commercials, or if they will be flag to flag. If they are still flag to flag, it leaves the possibility of the WSS race to be shown in between the two races.

#15 ·
Finally got around to watching Phillip Island. Rea looks good. Ducati could be a thorn in the Kwackies sides this season.

The new R6 looks strong in Supersport. Good to see MV on the top box.

#16 ·
Results Free Practice 2 Thai Round

Pos. Rider Team Bike Time
1 Jonathan Rea Kawasaki Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R 1:33.573
2 Tom Sykes Kawasaki Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R 1:33.783
3 Marco Melandri Aruba.it Racing – Ducati Ducati Panigale R 1:33.852
4 Chaz Davies Aruba.it Racing – Ducati Ducati Panigale R 1:33.895
5 Alex Lowes Pata Yamaha Official WorldSBK Yamaha YZF R1 1:34.016
6 Xavi Fores Barni Racing Ducati Panigale R 1:34.174
7 Jordi Torres Althea BMW Racing BMW S 1000 RR 1:34.245
8 Michael van der Mark Pata Yamaha Official WorldSBK Yamaha YZF R1 1:34.291
9 Markus Reiterberger Althea BMW Racing BMW S 1000 RR 1:34.410
10 Eugene Laverty Milwaukee Aprilia Aprilia RSV4 RF 1:34.518
11 Lorenzo Savadori Milwaukee Aprilia Aprilia RSV4 RF 1:34.554
12 Stefan Bradl Red Bull Honda World Superbike Honda CBR1000RR 1:34.691
13 Nicky Hayden Red Bull Honda World Superbike Honda CBR1000RR 1:34.949
14 Leon Camier MV Agusta Reparto Corse MV Agusta 1000 F4 1:34.953
15 Randy Krummenacher Kawasaki Puccetti Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R 1:35.071
16 Riccardo Russo Guandalini Racing Yamaha YZF R1 1:35.465
17 Román Ramos GoEleven Kawasaki ZX-10R 1:35.542
18 Alex De Angelis Pedercini Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R 1:35.817
19 Ayrton Badovini Grillini Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R 1:36.249
20 Ondrej Jezek Grillini Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R 1:36.568

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/2017-world-superbike-thai-round-free-practice-2-results/

Can't believe the Honda's more than a second off the pace. :rolleyes:

#19 ·
F! Rea is so smooth and seems like a gentleman. I want to hate him but can't, kinda like Joel Osteen with that f'ing twinkle in his eye.

Sykes is who I root for but just doesn't click for him sometimes where Rea just goes to work.

Davies is an animal. Love watching him own that Duc.
Melandri's chica always a nice edition to any garage.

Bravo to Torres. Clawing that BMW through the pack.

#21 ·
Even The MV Is Faster Than The New Honda...

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/wsbk-assen-round-race-2-results-2017/

Pos. Rider Team Bike Gap
1 Jonathan Rea Kawasaki Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R
2 Tom Sykes Kawasaki Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R 0.025
3 Chaz Davies Aruba.it Racing – Ducati Ducati Panigale R 5.077
4 Michael van der Mark Pata Yamaha Official WorldSBK Yamaha YZF R1 8.739
5 Alex Lowes Pata Yamaha Official WorldSBK Yamaha YZF R1 16.244
6 Leon Camier MV Agusta Reparto Corse MV Agusta 1000 F4 17.899
7 Jordi Torres Althea BMW Racing BMW S1000 RR 19.026
8 Eugene Laverty Milwaukee Aprilia Aprilia RSV4 RF 19.184
9 Nicky Hayden Red Bull Honda World Superbike Honda CBR1000RR SP2 21.475
10 Stefan Bradl Red Bull Honda World Superbike Honda CBR1000RR SP2 24.693
11 Roman Ramos GoEleven Kawasaki ZX-10R 26.751
12 Leandro Mercado IodaRacing Aprilia RSV4 RF 26.924
13 Xavi Fores Barni Racing Ducati Panigale R 36.611
14 Randy Krummenacher Kawasaki Puccetti Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R 40.597
15 Alex De Angelis Pedercini Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R 49.140
16 Ayrton Badovini Grillini Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R 51.241
17 Raffaele De Rosa Althea BMW Racing BMW S1000 RR +1:00
18 Ondrej Jezek Grillini Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R +1:00

Reactions: the_gooch
#27 ·
Chaz update

UPDATE: Davies has a thorax trauma with some difficulties breathing. After an MRI scan at Rimini hospital, Davies is confirmed to have suffered a fracture of the transverse process of L3 (3rd lumbar vertebrae) and left thumb contusion.
Read more at WSBK News - Davies suffers vertebrae fracture in crash with Rea

#29 ·
Absolutely, despite Davies riding a Ducati, I find myself often cheering for him, I hope he has a speedy recovery, although I don't really expect him to be ready for Laguna Seca.

On another note, it seems, other than Torres technical issue, that the Althea team has finally had a bit of a technical breakthrough with the beamers.

All in all a good racing weekend.

#30 ·
Rea and Chaz were both class acts. Chaz got up and gave an apology wave after the crash. Rea stopped on the cool off lap to check on Chaz. It would have been easy to throw a JL like tantrum under those circumstances. Sportsmanship at its best in a "take no prisoners" sport. :smile2:

Sorry to see Torres had a mechanical in the 2nd race. I wanted to see the BMW take top spot. There should be a factory team! :frown2:

#32 ·
Fans Given Chance to Salute Nicky Hayden at Superbike World Championship Event

Fans Given Chance to Salute Nicky Hayden at Superbike World Championship Event

Activities planned to pay tribute to late champion rider at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca July 7-9

MONTEREY, Calif., July 3, 2017 — Recognizing the special relationship Nicky Hayden enjoyed with the fans and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, fans will have the opportunity to salute their hero in some unique ways during the upcoming Superbike World Championship weekend on July 7-9.

Hayden, the 2006 MotoGP world champion who won at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in 2005 and 2006, succumbed to injuries from a training accident on May 22 at age 35.

After racing is concluded for the day on Saturday evening, July 8, there will be a Nicky Hayden Fan Track Walk. Fans are requested to make a voluntary $5 contribution to the Nicky Hayden Memorial Fund with donations being collected as the fans enter the track. All proceeds collected will be presented to the Hayden Family on Sunday during pre-race activities. The Nicky Hayden Memorial Fund will benefit charities in Nicky’s hometown of Owensboro, Kentucky.

The Nicky Hayden Track Walk will begin at 6:15 p.m. with fans entering and exiting the race track at Turn 5, which is easily accessed from the marketplace.

Once arriving at the track for the race weekend, fans will find a large Nicky Hayden sign/poster placed in the Paddock Plaza opposite the souvenir store; fans are encouraged to sign the poster and leave messages of encouragement for the family.

The Paddock Show will be a hive of activity throughout the weekend, and it will be the location of a Nicky Hayden Remembrance Book where fans will be able to leave their thoughts and memories of the superstar rider from Friday through Sunday. The Remembrance Book, along with the signature poster, will be presented to the Hayden Family at the conclusion of the weekend’s activities.

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/fan...ky-hayden-superbike-world-championship-event/

#33 ·
I had planned on making it out to the WSBK Laguna Seca round this year, however, those plans were cut short by needing an unexpected surgery. Woke up from the anasthesia to have my girlfriend tell me that Nicky had passed away. :(

I am bummed that I will miss Laguna this year, but hope to see Roger again this year at the Barber MotoAmerica finale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.