BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Willcox weather in Feb? Inde Motorsports YCRS

982 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  kihtay 
#1 ·
I'm considering doing the Yamaha class in Feb at Inde. Have never been but the track looks awesome on video. Did a quick check and typical temps in Feb for this region are 36 to 70*, with 1" snow. Maybe I'm missing something but isn't that too cold for a track day? Curious what locals think and if I should wait until May for things to warm up a bit. Thanks

#2 ·
I am not from around there but I have been in and around that region. From what I can recall the temperature certainly can fluctuate rapidly in that area. From what I seen Inde doesn't get too much snow but for the safe side I'd attend in the April-May season.

Another plus side is you get to use their new 2017 R6 and learn to ride better in the cold.

#3 ·
This year has been exceptionally nice! I am in Phoenix (About 2 hours north) and the weather has been a tad chilly in the morning/ late evening, but day time it's been around 70. Wilcox is normally 10 degrees cooler than here, but also next month it'll probably warm up a few degrees more.

But Inde is an amazing track to ride!! It is one of my favorites! Very long straight with a fast right corner following! So much elevation change.. I wouldn't miss it!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.