Guns? Bueller? - Page 13 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > S1000RR Forum Off-Topic > S1000RR Lounge

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 07:22 AM   #121 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Garage

Gun show last weekend. i sold enough of my book/tshirts/posters to pay for the table fees, then picked up a slightly used gen 3 Glock 23 with trijicon sights for $460 the last 15 minutes of the show. new one was $570 at the cheapest table, so figure these gen 3's are pretty indestructible and saved $110.

one table said he'd take one of my rock n' load cases as partial payment on anything at his table. he had a 56-57 S&W .44 mag for $2k like the old man's. dang i wanted that, thinking good investment too as those are hard to find, but commercial and chroming this bike frame ate my lunch this month.

Axe, author of "Bouncing off Guardrails"
www.ychrome.com (book, "Sick S1K" S1000 T-shirts, and S1000RR accessory/radar mount)
facebook, youtube
verrucktaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #122 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage

I recently picked up a 629 pre lock 44 magnum with the Powerport for $425. It was a find of a lifetime for that price, had less than 50 rounds through it and it is very easy to shoot, hardly any kick due to the port.

All the best,

Triple
Triple Threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #123 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Threat View Post
I recently picked up a 629 pre lock 44 magnum with the Powerport for $425. It was a find of a lifetime for that price, had less than 50 rounds through it and it is very easy to shoot, hardly any kick due to the port.

All the best,

Triple
$425?? wow, yeah, you did get a helluva deal. dang.

www.ychrome.com (book, "Sick S1K" S1000 T-shirts, and S1000RR accessory/radar mount)
facebook, youtube
Old 12-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #124 (permalink)

Sig 229 in .40 is what I routinely carry.
The wife is looking to get a S&W m&p 9mm for carry/

Looking to pickup and XD-9 or something soon, as well as a Colt 1620 type.

Now's the time to buy if you can find em!
jumpfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #125 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Garage

i'm sure i'm not the only gun fan having to listen to media followers crying for gunbans recently. Recent events are horrible without doubt, but objectively, banning guns from citizen will only make things worse.

My old college roommate drank the koolaid, and told me to look at how great banning guns worked in England. Fact is, it made things worse...and in Russia, etc.

This is a harvard law document that does a great job showing objectively why a society is way better off to have guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens. Very good article, and hard for the anti-gunners to argue with something like this article that studied gun ownership affects in countries across the world. The comparison of gun laws/ownership and murder rates is very clear.

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/...useronline.pdf

facebook, youtube
Old 12-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #126 (permalink)

Garage

I have a Springfield XDS that is my concealed carry gun.
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:12 AM   #127 (permalink)

How did I miss this? Avid shooter/instructor.

Handguns:

(EDC) HK45
HK USP Tactical 45
HK USP 9mm
Kimber CDP II
Kimber Ultra
Glock 21
Glock 23
Sig 226
Sig 220

Scatterguns:

HK Benelli M4
Benelli M1 Super 90
Wilson Combat tuned 870

Carbine:

HK MP5 Class III w/Knights can
Kriss Super-V SBR

Longguns:

Barret M82A1
AI .338 Lapua
Accurized M700 Target Tactical

Evil Black Rifles:

LMT lower/Noveske 14.5" 5.56 (non-SBR)
Noveske 7.62 18" SPR
Colt 12" 5.56 SBR Class III/NFA
LWRC REPR
LWRC M6A2 Gas piston

Do a lot of shooting with the " fast " guys at Bragg still, local LEO and SRT/HRT guys.

HEED THIS: AGATT

" On a bike when you take direction/speed/angle into consideration on a second by second basis there is NO time to think. A decision has to made instantly! On the street for example add to that road conditions/inattentive drivers etc....etc... and the variables are just too many. Its got to be done by instinct or take a break. " - Sal R1
BavarianBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:53 AM   #128 (permalink)

I read with sadness and disbelief yesterday how you Americans are trying to get the English CNN broadcaster Piers Morgan deported for his anti gun ranting.

Piers Morgan Deportation Petition Posted To White House After His Gun Control Rants

Please, please stop this madness........ he'll only come back to the UK and we hate him more than you do
mrjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:34 AM   #129 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjon View Post
I read with sadness and disbelief yesterday how you Americans are trying to get the English CNN broadcaster Piers Morgan deported for his anti gun ranting.

Piers Morgan Deportation Petition Posted To White House After His Gun Control Rants

Please, please stop this madness........ he'll only come back to the UK and we hate him more than you do
just signed it. over 95,000 so far. funny how he says his 1st amendment right protects him and his slamming of the 2nd amendment. I guess he forgot he's not a citizen, but a guest here. i wouldn't come over to England and start correcting people to call "chips" "fries".

facebook, youtube
Old 03-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #130 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Garage

since i'm not confident i'll be able to get my hands on a double tap in the near future, found out about these bond arms snake charmer IV yesterday, and found one at the gun show. .45ACP, looks well made right here in TX. finally something to carry when it's not practical to carry the xd in the king tuk or the glock in the miami classic.

facebook, youtube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement