Guns? Bueller? - Page 12 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > S1000RR Forum Off-Topic > S1000RR Lounge

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #111 (permalink)

I just got a Springfield XD-S .45 in Stainless on Friday. Love it!
M GmbH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #112 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage

I've purchased 5 guns in the past 6 months.
1. CZ SP-01
2. CZ P-01
3. Browning Buckmark 22
4. S&W 629 Powerport 44 Mag
5. Berretta 92A1

I need to get into rehab. The good news is I think I'm done......Wait did you hear CZ is coming out with a P-09. :drool

Triple
Triple Threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #113 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Garage

back of the grip looks wicked on those cz's. shot that buckmark much? i always liked brownings, dad had a medalist, which was a dream pistol, but bought a buckmark years ago new and it jammed/misfired, you name it. I'm sure they've fixed whatever was wrong 25 years ago with that, but soured me a little on their pistols. .44 sounds cool too.

don't feel guilty about buying them. my old man has a bunch he gets cheap on sales, etc. as they're a better investment than almost anything else out there these days.

Axe, author of "Bouncing off Guardrails"
www.ychrome.com (book, "Sick S1K" S1000 T-shirts, and S1000RR accessory/radar mount)
facebook, youtube
verrucktaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:43 PM   #114 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage

I've shot the Buckmark twice, about 150 rounds each time, shots fine, no issues. The 44 Mag is really cool, the porting on the Powerport really works and it's like shooting a mild 357.

I think I'm done, at least for the time being. I have every thing I've ever wanted or dreamed of. I'm surprised at how well some of my weapons have gone up in value, my Pythons have tripled and most of my early purchases have doubled.

Worth noting, my favorite of all the guns is the Berretta 92A1, considering I really hated the look of the 92 series Berretta's for the most parts, I'm surprised by this. But it is such a fine weapon. The CZ SP-01 is the most accurate automatic handgun I've shot to date.

All the best,

Triple

Last edited by Triple Threat; 12-05-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:44 AM   #115 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Garage

I'm sure Browning's fixed whatever issue mine had. good to hear. have shot several .44's in S&W, Ruger, Colt, but never a ported one. interesting.

had a guy willing to do some trading with me on one of my guitar shaped ar15/pistol cases for anything on his table at the last show. Had a newer 629, also a few pythons. i know they've gotten high in value, but i had no idea what they were worth, so hesitated to trade until i did a little research.

"I think I'm done" sounds familiar. what i said once i had the aprilia, harley, and s1k...now i'm building a chopper. what i said when tattoos went from sternum to upper arm, now a sleeve. actually with guitars, i have a nice martin acoustic, les paul, and fender 12, so i might be done there...might...

www.ychrome.com (book, "Sick S1K" S1000 T-shirts, and S1000RR accessory/radar mount)
facebook, youtube
Old 12-06-2012, 03:07 AM   #116 (permalink)

Garage

Sig Sauer .22 Mosquito.
Sig Sauer P229 in 9mm.
Winchester 12 gauge pistol grip shotgun.

My next purchase (once I'm done with s1000rr mods) will be a Kimber 1911 for IDPA competition shooting.

'09 Kawi Ninja 250 CVMA #717
'12 BMW s1000rr

I like extremes.
ELLAinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #117 (permalink)

Axe, here is a link with info about Davenport shotguns:

http://www.gunvaluesboard.com/firarm...nport-268.html
Hanketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #118 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLAinLA View Post
Sig Sauer .22 Mosquito.
Sig Sauer P229 in 9mm.
Winchester 12 gauge pistol grip shotgun.

My next purchase (once I'm done with s1000rr mods) will be a Kimber 1911 for IDPA competition shooting.
buddy of mine bought a kimber .45, looks like a 1911, but smaller framed it would appear. sharp gun though. noting your state of residence, do they even have IDPA competitions out there? just curious, would not have thought so or that they'd be tough to find.

one thing to consider though is round capacity. your times will be better now and then with a hi-cap as you won't have to do a reload. just something to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanketsu View Post
Axe, here is a link with info about Davenport shotguns:

http://www.gunvaluesboard.com/firarm...nport-268.html
sweet, thanks! a little history always makes a gun more interesting. i sent the link back to my old man. much appreciated!

facebook, youtube
Old 12-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #119 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage

So I joined my first public shooting competition earlier this year.

I really didn't know that I could shoot well, was hoping to take 3rd place ended up in 1st. The funny part is my eyes are shot, and I don't think I could ever repeat this score again, I just can't see the target any longer at 25 yards. Wish I would've started competitive shooting when I was much younger.

Triple

Last edited by Triple Threat; 12-07-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:55 AM   #120 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Threat View Post
So I joined my first public shooting competition earlier this year.

I really didn't know that I could shoot well, was hoping to take 3rd place ended up in 1st. The funny part is my eyes are shot, and I don't think I could ever repeat this score again, I just can't see the target any longer at 25 yards. Wish I would've started when I was much younger.

Triple
congrats! gotta be nice to get back into it and take top spot. i participate in these Texas Tactical events here. IDPA based, but with carbine and 1 or 2 of the courses has pistol as well. Can do it all with pistol if you want. Haven't done any of the 3 gun with the shotgun added yet. if you watch this from .47 to .53 seconds or so, shows kind of what our courses look like.

nice shooting, keep it up!

facebook, youtube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement