The continuing decline of US Motorsport racers - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 33Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Outta Control's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Silly-Con Valley
Posts: 1,180
Garage
The continuing decline of US Motorsport racers

There was a point in time the US was the country that European racers had to deal with. Unfortunately that era has been long gone. It is a sad state of affair in America. I believe part of the reason is in the amount of restriction been imposed in BLM and Federal land. Which in turn reduces the amount of programs and venues manufacturers can promote the sport. This also included some communities that oppose the growth of motorsport facilities.

I can recall a time when a racetrack was in the plans to be built in Atwater that was designed to supposed to surpass in venue and size to Miller Motorsport Park aka Utah Motorsport Complex or any other road course in the US. Unfortunately, several large commercial companies and communities brought so much legal challenges and environmental requirements that the VC's decided not to continue this endeavor.

The Riverside Motorsport Park would have been an awesome facility.



Thoughts? Comments?

wfo439 likes this.

Last edited by Outta Control; 02-16-2017 at 12:25 PM.
Outta Control is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 12:41 PM
Senior Member
 
D.Clocktower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Santa Catarina, Brasil
Posts: 259
Road racing, MX, drag strip etc.... All in one complex, uau! Not sure about other countries, but in the US, sadly only a dream.
CYCLE_MONKEY likes this.

Giddy up!
2015 Premium w/ SC Project CR-T
D.Clocktower is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Outta Control's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Silly-Con Valley
Posts: 1,180
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Clocktower View Post
Road racing, MX, drag strip etc.... All in one complex, uau! Not sure about other countries, but in the US, sadly only a dream.
yeah there is so much butt hurt people in California not realizing what they are missing. This was going to put Atwater in the map economically as residence are way below the poverty line in PRK. What sustains that city is the old military AF base that is a training facility for commercial pilots. I used to teach next to the proposed site and honestly it was the best place to have such a facility.

As I remember speaking to the base management about when thing were to happen. I was told that the VC company was about to break ground in building the park when the county put a halt to it requesting a 5th environmental impact study requested by Foster Farms chicken facility f**kin 7-10 miles away! This is the kind of BS California loves to do.
L8Apex and D.Clocktower like this.
Outta Control is offline  
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 08:51 PM
Senior Member
 
CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Broomfield, CO, USA
Posts: 1,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outta Control View Post
yeah there is so much butt hurt people in California not realizing what they are missing. This was going to put Atwater in the map economically as residence are way below the poverty line in PRK. What sustains that city is the old military AF base that is a training facility for commercial pilots. I used to teach next to the proposed site and honestly it was the best place to have such a facility.

As I remember speaking to the base management about when thing were to happen. I was told that the VC company was about to break ground in building the park when the county put a halt to it requesting a 5th environmental impact study requested by Foster Farms chicken facility f**kin 7-10 miles away! This is the kind of BS California loves to do.
Funny how many butthurt people there are in CA considering how many homosexual men there are, but(t) maybe that's just me.....

Yeah, sick of CA's liberal tree-hugging cr@p, one reason why I won't live there unless I have no other choice.
wfo439, L8Apex and D.Clocktower like this.

2015 Motorrad S1000RR with the DDC and "Forgies"
------------------------------------------------------------
"Hangin's too good for 'im.....BURNIN'S too good for 'im.......he should be torn into itty-bitty pieces and BURIED ALIVE!"
CYCLE_MONKEY is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:04 PM
Senior Member
 
wfo439's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
Funny how many butthurt people there are in CA considering how many homosexual men there are, but(t) maybe that's just me.....

Yeah, sick of CA's liberal tree-hugging cr@p, one reason why I won't live there unless I have no other choice.
You may end up here. Lawrence Livermore Labs is the twin of Sandia. Don't limit your choices! We need reinforcements to kick the commies out!
RR1 likes this.

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain
wfo439 is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:12 PM
Senior Member
 
wfo439's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outta Control View Post
There was a point in time the US was the country that European racers had to deal with. Unfortunately that era has been long gone. It is a sad state of affair in America. I believe part of the reason is in the amount of restriction been imposed in BLM and Federal land. Which in turn reduces the amount of programs and venues manufacturers can promote the sport. This also included some communities that oppose the growth of motorsport facilities.

I can recall a time when a racetrack was in the plans to be built in Atwater that was designed to supposed to surpass in venue and size to Miller Motorsport Park aka Utah Motorsport Complex or any other road course in the US. Unfortunately, several large commercial companies and communities brought so much legal challenges and environmental requirements that the VC's decided not to continue this endeavor.

The Riverside Motorsport Park would have been an awesome facility.



Thoughts? Comments?

Keep kicking us while we are down OC. I still haven't gotten over the demise of the best drag strip in the state. That would be Fremont.

Good lord! The criminals in Sacramento haven't built a new water storage project in 30 years des[it the population doubling. They are spending billions to pay off their cronies with the bull sh!t train. Yes we really need 1800's technology today. They passed an f-ing bond to pay for new water projects and Gov. Moonbeam begged for federal fund despite trashing the current administration since 11/8. And he got them. The world is upside down. Trump should have told Jerry it to sit on it and twirl!!!!!
smash adams, RR1 and Outta Control like this.

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain
wfo439 is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:27 PM
Senior Member
 
smash adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo439 View Post
Keep kicking us while we are down OC. I still haven't gotten over the demise of the best drag strip in the state. That would be Fremont.

Good lord! The criminals in Sacramento haven't built a new water storage project in 30 years des[it the population doubling. They are spending billions to pay off their cronies with the bull sh!t train. Yes we really need 1800's technology today. They passed an f-ing bond to pay for new water projects and Gov. Moonbeam begged for federal fund despite trashing the current administration since 11/8. And he got them. The world is upside down. Trump should have told Jerry it to sit on it and twirl!!!!!
should have made the funds contingent on complying with federal immigration law and ending sanctuary cities...and then after moonbeam got the money but didn't follow through with following federal immigration law...kick his ass out! take feinstein and pelosy on the way down too please...

then arnold or dwayne will run california and bring it back to its former glory...like a piece of tarnished silver we just have to give it a good buff
wfo439, RR1, L8Apex and 1 others like this.
smash adams is online now  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 12:50 AM
BTB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Posts: 364
kinda, I mean NASCAR and Indy are majority yanks but stuff like formula 1, DTM, moto gp, WSBK aren't because they are based in Europe. Really if you're a young aspiring racer in America you're not going to go try and break into series that have less available seats then what's at home. I think it sucks that they banned sponsorship from the tabacco companies! Don't they know Motorsport it expensive! If you're going to smoke an ad on the side of a race car isn't going to influence you more. It's not the 50s.
BTB is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 08:42 AM
Senior Member
 
L8Apex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Prospect, KY
Posts: 419
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTB View Post
kinda, I mean NASCAR and Indy are majority yanks but stuff like formula 1, DTM, moto gp, WSBK aren't because they are based in Europe. Really if you're a young aspiring racer in America you're not going to go try and break into series that have less available seats then what's at home. I think it sucks that they banned sponsorship from the tabacco companies! Don't they know Motorsport it expensive! If you're going to smoke an ad on the side of a race car isn't going to influence you more. It's not the 50s.
I equate Nascar to the WWF on wheels. Our major open wheel racing is primarily Indycars doing ovals... what a joke.
the_gooch, 5150 Pops, BTB and 2 others like this.
L8Apex is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Outta Control's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Silly-Con Valley
Posts: 1,180
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo439 View Post
... They passed an f-ing bond to pay for new water projects and Gov. Moonbeam begged for federal fund despite trashing the current administration since 11/8. And he got them. The world is upside down. Trump should have told Jerry it to sit on it and twirl!!!!!
Unfortunately, the FEMA fund for emergency disaster relief comes from the states. It is like a huge insurance policy. So the Feds can't deny providing those funds to Gov Moonbeam but he only needs to ask.
Outta Control is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome