MOTOGP 2017***** Spoiler!!! - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 110 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

MOTOGP 2017***** Spoiler!!!

I watched Valencia testing last night. Interesting indeed. Marc is quick as expected. Lorenzo is also quick out of the box on the wog machine. Rossi is already crying about the Yamaha engine not being good enough. Then you have Mav showing everyone how it's done. Rossi will have a wall up before season's end. Mav may prove to beat him more than Lorenzo did. Can't wait for Qatar 2017.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 110 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 08:16 AM

Garage
Hard to say what is going to happen yet. Everyone will be quick at the start of the season.

Maverick and Rossi set their best times on the 2016 M1 with wings. Rossi crashed shortly after getting on the new 2017 frame.

Lorenzo was using the 2016 bike with all of the wings and Dovi was using the 2017 bike with wings.

Marquez was on the 2017 bike and was saying he could have gone much faster on his 2016 machine.

It will be interesting to see where everyone stands once everyone is on a wingless 2017 bike. I forsee Honda being down on power, but Marquez muscling that bike to fight for wins. Yamaha having the best handling bike and more power than Honda. Ducati will once again be the fastest on the straight and should be the favorite for winning Qatar and Austria. It will be interesting to see if they can make the bike work without wings because they struggled before without them.
5150 Pops and cyclesailor955 like this.
post #3 of 110 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 09:29 AM

I'm watching day 2 right now and Dovi is leading with a 1:30.443. Pretty quick compared to where he was at last Saturday and Sunday....Oops, Maverick just went to the top -> 1:30:164! (now 1:29:975!!!)

The race lap record is 1:31:171 and there are a bunch of riders under that time.
5150 Pops and bennymx like this.

Last edited by Armando Marini; 11-16-2016 at 09:43 AM.

post #4 of 110 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 11:06 AM

I don't understand why they are using wings when it wont be allowed in the regular season. I think I will be a Rossi/Mav fan. Rossi will be top class in my book till he stops riding. When MM first came to GP I was excited about him but over time he turned me off. That said last year he made me think I might be able to edge him back in as one I cheer for but only time will tell. Mav might be the one to take Rossi's spot for me though.
Gerardovilla likes this.
post #5 of 110 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 12:12 PM

Garage
It's crazy the times they were setting in practice/ qualifying!

@kihtay
post #6 of 110 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 12:16 PM

They were using wings on the 2016 bike to compare it to the 2017 bike. Almost all the teams do "control" sessions on the old version after testing the new one. And yes, some had wings on what looked like the 2017 version, not sure where they were going with that, or maybe I misunderstood which bike it was.
Armando Marini likes this.
post #7 of 110 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 02:33 PM
Vendor

Garage
Wait, so Yamaha allowed Lorenzo to start testing with Ducati?

I remember reading an article saying Yamaha doesn't want him to test with Ducati and wanted to get him to do more PR for Yamaha before he left.
post #8 of 110 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 02:40 PM
Vendor

Garage
post #9 of 110 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 03:11 PM
BTB

I'm excited to see what mav does next season as well as Lorenzo, although I don't like Lorenzo I would like to see him succeed on a ducati. I think mav will take it to Marc

Rossi just whinges and talks so much **** I still can't believe he thinks two riders worked against him and when he stood it up mid corner and Marc fell off it wasn't his fault. Hes to much of a female with his mind games and back stabbing. Mavs going to destroy him. I hate Rossi.

I'm surprised that KTM used WP suspension. I get they always do but as a new team it's something less to develop. If they're gas charged they must be a different design because the vessel isn't visible on the outside like ohlins
JackFrost likes this.
post #10 of 110 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 03:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMillion View Post
Wait, so Yamaha allowed Lorenzo to start testing with Ducati?

I remember reading an article saying Yamaha doesn't want him to test with Ducati and wanted to get him to do more PR for Yamaha before he left.
They allowed Lorenzo to participate in this test as a show of good faith, but are not allowing him to participate in any of Ducati's private tests that they have scheduled through Dec. 31st.
MotoMillion likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode