Commuting to work or school on your Bike - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > S1000RR Forum Off-Topic > S1000RR Lounge

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

I use a backpack. I have to wear a dress clothes and tie at work, so I wear textile pants, jacket, gloves and Alpinestars boots. Dress shoes and lunch go in my backpack. My commute is about 10 miles each way.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
RobCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 12:15 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Coupe99 View Post
I use a backpack when commuting to work (only 14 miles one way). I always wear an armored overpant and jacket over my office clothes and keep two pairs of shoes at the office (light and dark colored) as I always wear motorcycle boots (Sidi Vertigo or BMW Allround waterproof).
OP didn't specify "in the winter", so I'm kind of like M-Coupe. I generally comute only on the S1K on days I "think" it's going to stay dry - which is usually June to October. I'll also ride the freezing days when the streets are dry. I just hate cars and wet roads, they don't mix well with bikes on the freeway IMHO. If there is a high chance it's going to be wet, I'll drive, or ride the K1200GT which has Michelin P3's for meats which work great in the rain.

Anyway, I have to dress business casual. When commuting, A* jacket and Gerbing heated shell when below 50F. Always wear some Olympia armored overpants over slacks (which have seen a couple of slides and still don't show it) and Sidi boots. I keep shoes and socks at work so don't change clothes. Lunch and "stuff" go in a BMW tank bag which has worked well, and if more is needed occationally, then a backpack - which may have some Rev'it rain gear in it if things turn "iffy".

Just wish I had those damn heated grips on the S1K, you lucky bastages who have them.
#2 at my dealer, and #1 Acid Green in WA St.
On the street - 2/5/10.
Rainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
sbs

Same messenger bag I have used for the last 17 years.... Still going strong.
sbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #14 (permalink)

I don't have to commute.

But I do take my S1Krr to go to the supermarket if I don't have to pick
up too much stuff and use BMW's tail bag which fits just perfectly, is easy to put on and take off and holds enough for a small shopping list like a bottle of
wine, some bread and cheese and some fruit or veggies.
Ps#37-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

Garage

My bike is my primary vehicle. I have a CycleGuys FastPack on the tail and that carries breakfast/lunch to work and the occasional quick trip to the grocery store. A 20 year old Jansport backpack handles anything more and I keep a change of shoes at work (hurray for semi-casual work environments!).
Old 12-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #16 (permalink)

I'm a cheapskate, I use my 5 year old backpack that I bought for 5 bucks to carry PT stuff and lunch. I just wear my uniform and a iicon back and chest protector. If its cold ill wear a jackets that is slim but provides decent wind protection.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

History
2012 Black S1000RR with all the goodies
2009 Buell 1125CR "Bertha" - A lot of problems, great bike
2007 Kawasaki ZX-10R - My first liter bike
2005 Kawasaki ZX-636 - Awesome looks, great handling
2007 Kawasaki EX-250 - The funnest bike under 75MPH
2000 Honda Shadow 500 - Reliable and rust proof, first bike
guambra2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #17 (permalink)

Speed and Strenght Leather Jacket, boots, casual wear. I use a Nike backpack (cheap) to carry my Ipad, toiletries, etc. However, yesterday was the end of the riding season for me. Temps will drop fast tomorrow. My commute is only 7 miles one way. My truck has a V6, so fuel isn't a problem. Bummer that I have to put her away.

Steve
2009 Suzuki GSX 650-F (Sold(First Bike)
SwaggerJacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement