Ducati trying to one up BMW again - the 1199 Panigale R - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > S1000RR Forum Off-Topic > S1000RR Lounge

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ducati trying to one up BMW again - the 1199 Panigale R

Ducati Superbike 1199 Panigale R - Ducati

I'd probably still take a HP4 Competition.
RobCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to G-force

good luck, they'll need it!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Not bad, surprised it's not $45k like 1098R..then again they didn't change as many things as they did on the 1098R
Scblacksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Not impressed. I liked the all red Pani better....this one looks tacky. And whatever about the claimed 195hp......we all know they dyno in the 150's. I still think the Panigale is one of the best looking bikes ever made, but its been so disappointing in performance.
HULK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

No thanks, I will keep my more powerful, better performing, more reliable regular
s1000rr
Old 11-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Garage

I haven't been reading up on press for a bit so this might be wrong, but it would nice to see what this bike can do in WSBK. After a season or two, I think we will finally see the revolutionary Ducati everyone has been waiting for. The front reminds me of the alien in Alien: Resurrection and yet it is still a damn fine looking bike lol

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Kacolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

I think it is a sexy bike and give Ducati some time in WSBK to tweak the electronics on that engine and it would be potent. I just wish Ducati wouldn't worry about chasing the HP crown and concentrate on the midrange torque of the twin. I'm not a fan of having to ride constantly at 9K+ rpm to get performance out of a bike.
RobCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobCO View Post
I think it is a sexy bike and give Ducati some time in WSBK to tweak the electronics on that engine and it would be potent. I just wish Ducati wouldn't worry about chasing the HP crown and concentrate on the midrange torque of the twin. I'm not a fan of having to ride constantly at 9K+ rpm to get performance out of a bike.

This is the first Ducati that has it's power higher up the rev range. This is where power needs to be. You want low end torque, buy a tractor, or a Harley.....Same thing.
Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:22 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
This is the first Ducati that has it's power higher up the rev range. This is where power needs to be. You want low end torque, buy a tractor, or a Harley.....Same thing.
The key word was constantly. Just about every reviewer said it has little mid range power. Fine for the track, as the rpms are kept higher. But not so good for the street. But it sounds like this is what floats your boat, or Panigale......same thing. Just Kidding
Btw, I own an 848. No problem with mid range there. So you are somewhat correct.

Steve
2009 Suzuki GSX 650-F (Sold(First Bike)
SwaggerJacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK View Post
Not impressed. I liked the all red Pani better....this one looks tacky. And whatever about the claimed 195hp......we all know they dyno in the 150's. I still think the Panigale is one of the best looking bikes ever made, but its been so disappointing in performance.
Low numbers no more. Ducati popped their heads out of their rectums and took competition seriously, ECU mapping has been revised twice since November. DNA has been serious about revising mid-range output to the point where revision to the rear sprocket has been made and recalls were issued, now standard output is 172whp. However, it does put 190whp with Austin Racing pipe as the graph shows. I can tell you from personal experience, Panis are very stout now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PaniGraph111-3-13_zpsf2f692c6.jpg
Views:	1062
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	11629  

Last edited by Motif; 02-11-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Motif is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement