Axe's 300 Gripper chopper build - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > S1000RR Forum Off-Topic > S1000RR Lounge

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSanD View Post
that's an impossible decision!! hot with black though

and that anarchist bike is... ahem... niiiiiice
thanks. model on the anarchist isn't bad either, is she.

Axe, author of "Bouncing off Guardrails"
www.ychrome.com (book, "Sick S1K" S1000 T-shirts, and S1000RR accessory/radar mount)
facebook, youtube
verrucktaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Garage

TP121" engine came in and fits in the frame. fat katz gas tank came in too and looks great on it. getting some fender work done as well, and the .44 mag came back from S&W, which is critical to bike building of course. Starting to look like a motorcycle now!!

[/QUOTE]

www.ychrome.com (book, "Sick S1K" S1000 T-shirts, and S1000RR accessory/radar mount)
facebook, youtube
Old 10-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Garage

pics for some who can't view the videos.

fenders with matching gothic cuts

headlight mounted

tp 121 and 5 gallon fatkatz tank in place

facebook, youtube
Old 10-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Garage

Got the handlebars in, tried them, fit well. Took everything apart, welded the mounts for the oil and gas tanks.

facebook, youtube
Old 11-02-2012, 06:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Garage

got the intake manifold flanges in yesterday, so put the manifold, S&S carb, breather/mount, and my raw Y Chrome air cleaner on. I stuck with S&S since that's what i'm familiar with when it comes to jetting, and that's what i designed my air cleaner for, although a drill lets it adapt to others too.

original design was just two plates sandwiched together, but at highway speed, the air passing through the K&N created negative pressure over the throttle body, and suffocated the engine. That day in Daytona, i duct taped the front for the drive home, and it ran fine. hence this new design. will show more on the conical inside air director in the next video.

facebook, youtube
Old 11-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Garage

fabricating the tank extension, assembling the carb and YCC air cleaner, AR15 texas tactical event, film me hitting on hot waitress, primo primary drive, waiting for transmission, due here tomorrow!

facebook, youtube
Old 11-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Garage

First exhaust didn't fit, new set does...sort of. Welding on swingarm complete, rear fender all done, metal work finished, including seat pan made, everything apart, took to Corpus to Chrome Pros for chroming, and relaxed at the beach.

facebook, youtube

Last edited by verrucktaxe; 11-18-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Garage

will finish the last round of clear tonight, but up all last night on the rest of it. did B&W graphics first. Grim reaper on tank reaching out to rear fender holding an hourglass morphing into girl's hourglass.

teal candy base with lime green flames and lime gold candy accents for more 3d effect

and the girl on the tank riding the axe.

facebook, youtube
Old 12-18-2012, 06:32 AM   #19 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Garage

This shows what it takes to do a custom motorcycle paint with all the necessities of girls, the grim reaper, & real fire from start to finish with breaks for Penni's cd release party and my tables at the gun show, as well as my new purchase there. More sanding than painting and a lot of work, but rewarding when you've got those parts shining back at you. Now just waiting for the frame to get back from the chrome shop in a week or 2 and start bolting everything together!

facebook, youtube
Old 02-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Garage

yesterday made how many hours and way more dollars all worth it. The bike fired right up, first try, a little orange flame burst even. made sure my oil pressure came up, took it for the first ride around the block, got the carb set to idle, shifts smooth, ran well overall. I still of course want to get it warm, do some more tuning on the jets to make sure i'm right where it needs to be, but overall couldn't be happier with how it looks or sounds. LAF!

first 300 i've had, and sure doesn't lean like the sportster, but love the drop seat and very comfortable. here's a couple quick pics while i get the tuning done, put a few miles on, finish the videos, etc. woo hoo!!!

facebook, youtube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement