New BMW HP Race Data Logger - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > S1000RR/HP4 Tech and Performance Chat

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 03:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default New BMW HP Race Data Logger

Happened across this from the HP Race Parts brochure. Anybody with more info and pricing?

Here is a link to the page.

HP Race data logger
  • Permanent storage of lap and race data in the data logger.
  • Data can be exported to a USB memory stick for post-race processing on a PC or laptop computer.
  • Including software for data analysis.
  • Parameters logged include speed, engine rpm, throttle angle, brake status front/rear, gear selected, longitudinal acceleration, angle of heel, engine temperature, GPS position and GPS speed.
  • Purpose: Logging and analysis of race and lap data for optimising performance for even faster lap times.

http://www.scfoster.com

Last edited by sfoster; 10-23-2011 at 03:37 PM.
sfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Here is a picture I found of the actual unit. Looks like it plugs into the alarm connector in series, then the unit mounts on the tail section. Nice and compact.

Last edited by sfoster; 02-12-2012 at 12:16 PM.
sfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

You've just posted more than I knew already.
I'd like to know a price as well.
BSR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

The data logger sell for $930 and it plugs right into the harness, getting all the data off the bike's canbus.
San Jose BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoster View Post
Here is a picture I found of the actual unit. Looks like it plugs into the alarm connector in series, then the unit mounts on the tail section. Nice and compact.

Ok, so GPS data logger getting all the bits and pieces of info... does anyone know what the actual specs on the GPS component are? i.e. 5hz? 10hz?
TomMurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

i have one on order should be here 2nd week december, from what i've been told it records everything from throttle position, rpm, engine temp, lean angle, lap time, etc all relating to position on track via gps
will report more when it arrives
antonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

I used it at Valencia and the plotted 2D tracks were very high res so I'd guess it's at least 5 Hz.
firefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

hi firefish

how usefull did you find it? i was in two mind wthe to order it but i went with it, should hopefully be here soon

thanks
Old 12-03-2011, 07:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

there is a company in fl that doing something like this excluding bike info. has speeds, braking, gps,throttle, but it also has the track on its software so all the info gets layed over the track so u can see when your braking and getting back on the power in each turn. also see the race line your taking to see if that needs to be changed. i wounder if the BMW one is going to have the tracks on there program? if so i will get it in a second
Stang10189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

i was told it can, it maps the track via gps and overlays the data, i was also told it shows lean angle too, but im skeptical about that one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement