Removing new bike rev-limiter - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > S1000RR/HP4 Tech and Performance Chat

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

Dont have the user manual in front of me, but if I remember right the frist service is reccomended between 350 - 750 miles which the dealer would remove the 9K rev limiter.

Up Up, Down Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

For single player.
bahkhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahkhok View Post
Dont have the user manual in front of me, but if I remember right the frist service is reccomended between 350 - 750 miles which the dealer would remove the 9K rev limiter.

Up Up, Down Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

For single player.
Select, start (twice) at the end for 2up
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

Contra...that was a great game!

Steve
2009 Suzuki GSX 650-F (Sold(First Bike)
SwaggerJacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #14 (permalink)

Ok my friend says the instructions are on chapter 6 page 82 he has the 2010 model he never took it to the dealer he did it himself and his bike has no revlimiter and he bought new

Last edited by Jimmyc.; 12-10-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Jimmyc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

That's the F'ing shift light.
the_gooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Marky 70

Only way to remove the rev limiter besides the dealer is with the GS-911 tool from Hexcode that i have. great investment.
Marky 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:31 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky 70 View Post
Only way to remove the rev limiter besides the dealer is with the GS-911 tool from Hexcode that i have. great investment.
He's been told already. But his bud knows better.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyc. View Post
Ok my friend says the instructions are on chapter 6 page 82 he has the 2010 model he never took it to the dealer he did it himself and his bike has no revlimiter and he bought new
Look Jimmy, here's the deal. You believe your buddy, but I think your anonymous buddy is ignorant of what the facts are, and in your effort to defend him, you aren't believing what a lot of riders who have been here are telling you. Ask your buddy when he bought his 2010, and/or what the build date is. I think he has fooled himself into thinking by setting the shift light he got rid of an imaginary limiter.

Actually read the pages he referred you to, then come back and tell us all those pages tell you how to remove an engine rev limit.

Here are the facts as I know them.

Between December 2009 and February 2010 these bikes did not come from the factory with any pre-set break-in rev limiter. I know, I have one of those. And I'm not going to tell you or anybody else on this forum that I DID IT BY SCREWING AROUND WITH THE SHIFT LIGHT SETUP. I didn't. It came that way.

In February 2010, BMW had its dealers set a 9K limit on bikes they had in inventory, and the factory started shipping the bikes with the break-in rev limit set. Supposedly this was to protect the engines to make sure they were broken in the way BMW thinks is best. It really doesn't matter what anybody's opinion is about alternate break-in methods, but that's the direction BMW took, and they haven't changed their point of view in the last 4 years. Personally, I don't blame them, it's their 3-year warranty they are protecting in the USA and a few other countries.

Type "rev limiter" in the search function, then go to the last pages of all - back in 2010. Here are a few old posts for you new guys. Please notice, even the GS-911 tool guys took a couple of years to add that function.

http://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/s1...ine-break.html
(February, 2010) - Dan Kyle and others discuss break-in methods on unrestricted engines. Its a good read. When you get to post #37 (2/18/10) pay attention to the announcement of the restriction being put on.

Bewildered and RESTRICTED!!!
(November, 2010) GS-911 still doesn't remove limiter

new to this, 7k limiter?
(August, 2011) GS-911 now removes limiter

Hope this helps resolve this for you. Share it with your buddy if he still believes he removed the limiter himself. IMHO, I believe all he did was bump up the shift light RPM.
#2 at my dealer, and #1 Acid Green in WA St.
On the street - 2/5/10.
Rainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:31 PM   #19 (permalink)

Rainman, you have way more patience than me.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
Look Jimmy, here's the deal. You believe your buddy, but I think your anonymous buddy is ignorant of what the facts are, and in your effort to defend him, you aren't believing what a lot of riders who have been here are telling you. Ask your buddy when he bought his 2010, and/or what the build date is. I think he has fooled himself into thinking by setting the shift light he got rid of an imaginary limiter.

Actually read the pages he referred you to, then come back and tell us all those pages tell you how to remove an engine rev limit.

Here are the facts as I know them.

Between December 2009 and February 2010 these bikes did not come from the factory with any pre-set break-in rev limiter. I know, I have one of those. And I'm not going to tell you or anybody else on this forum that I DID IT BY SCREWING AROUND WITH THE SHIFT LIGHT SETUP. I didn't. It came that way.

In February 2010, BMW had its dealers set a 9K limit on bikes they had in inventory, and the factory started shipping the bikes with the break-in rev limit set. Supposedly this was to protect the engines to make sure they were broken in the way BMW thinks is best. It really doesn't matter what anybody's opinion is about alternate break-in methods, but that's the direction BMW took, and they haven't changed their point of view in the last 4 years. Personally, I don't blame them, it's their 3-year warranty they are protecting in the USA and a few other countries.

Type "rev limiter" in the search function, then go to the last pages of all - back in 2010. Here are a few old posts for you new guys. Please notice, even the GS-911 tool guys took a couple of years to add that function.

http://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/s1...ine-break.html
(February, 2010) - Dan Kyle and others discuss break-in methods on unrestricted engines. Its a good read. When you get to post #37 (2/18/10) pay attention to the announcement of the restriction being put on.

Bewildered and RESTRICTED!!!
(November, 2010) GS-911 still doesn't remove limiter

new to this, 7k limiter?
(August, 2011) GS-911 now removes limiter

Hope this helps resolve this for you. Share it with your buddy if he still believes he removed the limiter himself. IMHO, I believe all he did was bump up the shift light RPM.
Thank you this makes sence,I will let him know what I learn today from your post

Last edited by Jimmyc.; 12-11-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Jimmyc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement