S1000rr vs MotoGP Bike? - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyc. View Post
Ask Collin Edwards hes riding a bike that has a BMW engine and I think he finish last or almost last in most races
^This. Plus he's on a special race frame with extensive chassis modification and thousands upon thousands dumped into making it as competitive as possible which is far above and beyond what our bikes are in close to stock form.
Brian@ccbmw is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 10:21 AM
Senior Member
 
DyLivn13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 189
DyLivn13 is offline  
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 980
Cool, Thanks !

I read about zeroshift a few years ago, but figured they went out of business, since i had not read any updates about them.
bmwian is offline  
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 257
I agree with people here saying that there is no comparison. But out of curiosity, if we were to put about $40000 worth of upgrades in the bike, could we get close to the world superbike machines? ($10,000 ohlins forks, ridiculous engine work to get to 220 hp, etc...?)

That is why I think sometimes watching world superbike is more interesting as there is more realism to it, while motogp is looking at someone that I will never be as good as EVER, with a machine that takes 20 people to maintain....

PS: Don't worry guys I'm not kidding myself, there's no way I could be as good as some of the world superbike guys either haha
Mapoipoi is offline  
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Lucar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Space City
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapoipoi View Post
I agree with people here saying that there is no comparison. But out of curiosity, if we were to put about $40000 worth of upgrades in the bike, could we get close to the world superbike machines? ($10,000 ohlins forks, ridiculous engine work to get to 220 hp, etc...?)

That is why I think sometimes watching world superbike is more interesting as there is more realism to it, while motogp is looking at someone that I will never be as good as EVER, with a machine that takes 20 people to maintain....

PS: Don't worry guys I'm not kidding myself, there's no way I could be as good as some of the world superbike guys either haha

I agree, well said
Lucar is offline  
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Rudehugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 41
How about 0-60, 0-100, ft. lbs torque and more precise HP stats for motogp bike vs S1000rr?

Just if anyone happens to know.. I've tried searching and have had a bit of a difficult time coming up with anything definitive.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Rudehugh is offline  
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 515
MotoGP spec

ProductionRacer — Infos, News, Galleries

Here is the BMW ("CRT") bike called Production Racer. The specs, etc. can be read in English. I love the bike but prefer the alpha Racing bits and engine mods. Still not MotoGP spec, but now that Dorna is restricting the GP bike electronics to Euro 200,000 soon, BMW is going into MotoGP in 2014 rumors have it. I have seen photos of the bike being tested.
George Villar is offline  
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Rudehugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Villar View Post
ProductionRacer Infos, News, Galleries

Here is the BMW ("CRT") bike called Production Racer. The specs, etc. can be read in English. I love the bike but prefer the alpha Racing bits and engine mods. Still not MotoGP spec, but now that Dorna is restricting the GP bike electronics to Euro 200,000 soon, BMW is going into MotoGP in 2014 rumors have it. I have seen photos of the bike being tested.
So that would be a track bike? Not street legal?


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Rudehugh is offline  
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 03:57 PM
Senior Member
 
URBAN LEGEND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudehugh View Post
How about 0-60, 0-100, ft. lbs torque and more precise HP stats for motogp bike vs S1000rr?

Just if anyone happens to know.. I've tried searching and have had a bit of a difficult time coming up with anything definitive.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
You wont find number on any current bikes because the teams aint telling jack. Just like F1. Those guys predict power and rpms on rivals by analyzing the sounds as the go down the main straight at 200 mph.

13 BMW M5
13 ZL1
URBAN LEGEND is offline  
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 06:16 PM
Member
 
apessino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 34
Today at Jerez Melandri (in spite of a badly hurting shoulder) did a WSBK testers best of 1:40.816 with regular race tires.

The best of the Ducati MotoGP team doing testing at the same time was Hayden with a 1:40.090 (which is a good, competitive time for Jerez). The second of the MotoGP guys was Iannone with a 1:40.989 - slower than Melandri (and that was still considered a "good" result for a new Ducati rider).

The fact that they are that close is simply stunning and shows you just how fast WSBK has become.

Also, Badovini on the new Panigale did a 1:44.529...

14 BMW HP4 Competition
13 KTM RC8R 09 BMW K1300S
11 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red 07 Aprilia RSV Factory
apessino is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome