HP ECU help - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > S1000RR/HP4 Tech and Performance Chat

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 01:22 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
Thanks a lot Antonn. I think motodex does suter slippers.
A low use stm out of Allerton's bike was for sale not long ago. Might check out if it's still around. The one in the new bike is done anyway so may as well replace with something better.
I will invest in gs911 at your advice.
Has anyone tried the Alpha racing modified OEM clutch? might need to invest in the gs911 tool myself.

Let us know how you get on with the DTC problem, I've bought Sebastian Gimbert BMW Motorrad FSBK bike, it'll be here next month so its always good to read about how different people have solved different problems with the bike...Being in Thailand you end up doing most of diagnostic work yourself.
Newf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2013, 12:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Garage

Just thought I would update this.
The problem with the T/C did end up being a faulty handlebar switch! Thank you all for the help

I replaced the clutch with new oem kit and although better than my worn out one still a pain to launch. Have just bought a STM to fit before next race meeting and hope it gets me off the line without all the drama of the stock one.

Still having issues with the ECU talking to the calibration kit. I don't want to spend anymore on HP ECU so thinking I will try getting the ECU flashed to get rid of the limiters and terrible drive by wire throttle lag and if further adjustment needed then the Rapidbike unit. At least my tuner can adjust and it has pitlane limiter, engine braking adjustment etc

wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning - stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Last edited by senator8; 10-15-2013 at 01:04 AM.
senator8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #13 (permalink)

Default HP Race ECU

What is the engine combination you are running? I have a few HP Race ECU maps for S1000rr, maybe I can help….

2013 BMW HP4 #555 (HP4 Superbuild)
2011 BMW S1000rr WSSK Racebike
2010 BMW S1000rr AMA Spec Racebike

http://www.alpha-bmw.com

https://www.facebook.com/alphabmw

https://www.facebook.com/george.villar
George Villar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonn View Post
you cant actually turn the dtc off using the calibration sotware, but you can change when it starts to cut in, but that isnt the problem, if the light is staying on then the dtc is de-activated either by the on/off switch on the handlebar or other things may have been unplugged, start with the simple things first, wheel sensors fitted? or fitted correctly, trace wire loom from front sensor to make sure it is plugged in (it plugs in through the frame hole on the l/h side), the rear one is under the seat, try all the small things first if that leads nowhere send me a mesage and i will give you my number (i live in perth) and we will get it sorted
I never said that you cant actually turn the dtc off using the calibration software, I said it can be turned OFF.

FACT: When you remove your ABS function on your S1000rr, you can have the HP Race ECU modified (as I had alpha Racing modify mine) so that when the ABS module and modulator is removed - the DTC will not remain OFF. If you delete your ABS, your Traction Control automatically shuts off.

You require this in addition to the alpha Racing HP Race ECU modification:

DTC Steuergerät, eliminiert ABS Funktion [3451A010A00-01] - 350,00€ : alpha Racing - Performance Parts & Merchandise, Onlineshop

Best regards,

Old 10-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Villar View Post
What is the engine combination you are running? I have a few HP Race ECU maps for S1000rr, maybe I can help….
Thanks for the offer George. The problem I am having is the kit won't communicate with the ecu on my bike. When the dealer hooked it up it said replace the ecu before continuing. As I bought this bike 2nd hand, help any further has been hard. I know it's not the calibration kit as one of the Teams here was kind enough to have a look at it for me and they could not get it to connect either

So I am considering Bren's flash tune to upgrade some of the things I would like and the Rapid bike will be my next step If I need further for racing. At least I can transfer with me to another bike, unlike the HP ECU if I spend on that.

wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning - stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia
Old 10-16-2013, 04:34 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for the offer George. The problem I am having is the kit won't communicate with the ecu on my bike. When the dealer hooked it up it said replace the ecu before continuing. As I bought this bike 2nd hand, help any further has been hard. I know it's not the calibration kit as one of the Teams here was kind enough to have a look at it for me and they could not get it to connect either

So I am considering Bren's flash tune to upgrade some of the things I would like and the Rapid bike will be my next step If I need further for racing. At least I can transfer with me to another bike, unlike the HP ECU if I spend on that.
I will make a call to Jens at alpha Racing and see what the solution is. I think they can help. PM me your email.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Garage

Ok. I've got the ECU connecting to the calibration kit. So yay, that's a first.

When I try to send the base works file to the ECU it just keeps saying unsuccessful as soon as it starts.

Any ideas from anyone familiar with the system?

Big thanks again to George, for going out of his way to help for a complete stranger

Old 10-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Garage

Maybe a simpler question. Could I have gotten this far as in connected to ECU etc if either the ECU or calibration kit were not code enabled?

Old 10-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe a simpler question. Could I have gotten this far as in connected to ECU etc if either the ECU or calibration kit were not code enabled?
It depends on what the screen says, connect to the ECU and take a screenshot.

While you should post the entire screenshot, the most relevant information is in the lower right hand corner.

You probably also have an older connection cable, which had retreating pins. Take a look at the pins in your connector and see if any are stuck in the upper position, if so, get them freely moving again with a contact cleaner and/or a paperclip to dislodge it.
dagor6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Garage

Idle screen shot ign on

Attempt to read ECU. no base file loaded

attempt to load base file

Thank you
checked pins as advised. all seem to be ok

Sponsored Links
Advertisement