What kind of hp would a lighter s1k need to beat a 225hp busa - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 164
What kind of hp would a lighter s1k need to beat a 225hp busa

Ok, continuing from my other post. I can't do a turbo cause i do alot of trackdays. I dont want nitrous. With that said,,,still trying to be equal to this 225hp 2011 busa. I know there is a formula somewhere for it but how much hp would the lighter S1K need to beat a 2011 busa with 225hp? The riders are equal weight.
ibb88 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Las Vegas/Hawaii
Posts: 255
Why dont you Vbox it 60-130 and find out. Then may be do some head to head pulls. There is also drag you need to worry about at speeds. Im actually getting the first production turbo kit by Russian (Eugene). And I WILL be still hitting the twisties with the bike. I have also been a road course/twisty rider but 1/2 and mile races have got me enthused.
Willis is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Senior Member
 
BMWS1000RRBAHRAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bahrain
Posts: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis View Post
Why dont you Vbox it 60-130 and find out. Then may be do some head to head pulls. There is also drag you need to worry about at speeds. Im actually getting the first production turbo kit by Russian (Eugene). And I WILL be still hitting the twisties with the bike. I have also been a road course/twisty rider but 1/2 and mile races have got me enthused.
Please post GoPro video of acceleration runs when you install that turbo kit
If it wasn't the hot weather in our region which is from March to Oct (between 90-120 F) i would have bought it long time ago and enjoyed it

2010 S1000RR- Ported head by Bsinclair-Austin Racing GP3 full Exhaust - Brentuning ECU reflash device V2 - MWR HE Airfilter - BST wheels - Ceramic wheel bearings , 5" stretch, lowered, Brock's Performance clutch mod & heavy spring kit & front strap kit, APE Clutch, -1 front
8.78 sec on 91 pump gas & Conti SportAttack2 tire
YouTube: BMWS1000RRBAHRAIN
Instagram:BMWS1000RRBAHRAIN
BMWS1000RRBAHRAIN is offline  
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Valley, CA
Posts: 1,483
Send a message via AIM to G-force
You will need head work with cams and probably mill the head too to bump up the compression.

What speed are you racing to? Figure that out and gear your bike accordingly for best acceleration while having just enough top end for the race

'13 grey S1000RR
G-force is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 164
Ok is this the Russian kit mentioned in another post? There is a big piece sticking out the side if so. I would be afraid to do trackdays with that piece in the way. If not, do you have pics of the setup? Do you have to use nitrous with a turbo? I want to keep the bike for a while since its probably going to be my last bike. I am 42.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis View Post
Why dont you Vbox it 60-130 and find out. Then may be do some head to head pulls. There is also drag you need to worry about at speeds. Im actually getting the first production turbo kit by Russian (Eugene). And I WILL be still hitting the twisties with the bike. I have also been a road course/twisty rider but 1/2 and mile races have got me enthused.
ibb88 is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Valley, CA
Posts: 1,483
Send a message via AIM to G-force
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibb88 View Post
Ok is this the Russian kit mentioned in another post? There is a big piece sticking out the side if so. I would be afraid to do trackdays with that piece in the way. If not, do you have pics of the setup? Do you have to use nitrous with a turbo? I want to keep the bike for a while since its probably going to be my last bike. I am 42.
Yes he's talking about my kit. The only piece sticking out is the air filter that is easily removable for track days, can put in a screen in place of it temporarily so that crap can't get in.

No need for nitrous at all if you run a turbo

'13 grey S1000RR
G-force is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibb88 View Post
Ok, continuing from my other post. I can't do a turbo cause i do alot of trackdays. I dont want nitrous. With that said,,,still trying to be equal to this 225hp 2011 busa. I know there is a formula somewhere for it but how much hp would the lighter S1K need to beat a 2011 busa with 225hp? The riders are equal weight.
the old rule of thumb is 1 kilo = 1hp

i am assuming you are talking about straight line racing? why not race your mate on a track day, he wont get anywhere near you as soon as corners are involved
antonn is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 164
Do you have any videos of it? Any pics? Is it ready? How is the sound? What are your numbers without nitrous? How much again? Install requirements?




Quote:
Originally Posted by russianvr4 View Post
Yes he's talking about my kit. The only piece sticking out is the air filter that is easily removable for track days, can put in a screen in place of it temporarily so that crap can't get in.

No need for nitrous at all if you run a turbo
ibb88 is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 164
Broa, I could care less if he had 300hp. No way on this planet is a street rider going to beat me on MY TRACK, "BARBER" on any Busa. To me that is absurd. LOL



Quote:
Originally Posted by antonn View Post
the old rule of thumb is 1 kilo = 1hp

i am assuming you are talking about straight line racing? why not race your mate on a track day, he wont get anywhere near you as soon as corners are involved
ibb88 is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibb88 View Post
Broa, I could care less if he had 300hp. No way on this planet is a street rider going to beat me on MY TRACK, "BARBER" on any Busa. To me that is absurd. LOL
That sounds like a betting proposition. How fast are you around barber on your S1000RR?
dagor6 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome