What kind of hp would a lighter s1k need to beat a 225hp busa - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > S1000RR/HP4 Tech and Performance Chat

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What kind of hp would a lighter s1k need to beat a 225hp busa

Ok, continuing from my other post. I can't do a turbo cause i do alot of trackdays. I dont want nitrous. With that said,,,still trying to be equal to this 225hp 2011 busa. I know there is a formula somewhere for it but how much hp would the lighter S1K need to beat a 2011 busa with 225hp? The riders are equal weight.
ibb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Why dont you Vbox it 60-130 and find out. Then may be do some head to head pulls. There is also drag you need to worry about at speeds. Im actually getting the first production turbo kit by Russian (Eugene). And I WILL be still hitting the twisties with the bike. I have also been a road course/twisty rider but 1/2 and mile races have got me enthused.
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis View Post
Why dont you Vbox it 60-130 and find out. Then may be do some head to head pulls. There is also drag you need to worry about at speeds. Im actually getting the first production turbo kit by Russian (Eugene). And I WILL be still hitting the twisties with the bike. I have also been a road course/twisty rider but 1/2 and mile races have got me enthused.
Please post GoPro video of acceleration runs when you install that turbo kit
If it wasn't the hot weather in our region which is from March to Oct (between 90-120 F) i would have bought it long time ago and enjoyed it
2010 S1000RR- Ported head by Bsinclair-Austin Racing GP3 full Exhaust - Brentuning ECU reflash device V2 - MWR HE Airfilter - BST wheels - Ceramic wheel bearings , 5" stretch, lowered, Brock's Performance clutch mod & heavy spring kit & front strap kit, APE Clutch, -1 front
8.78 sec on 91 pump gas & Conti SportAttack2 tire
YouTube: BMWS1000RRBAHRAIN
Instagram:BMWS1000RRBAHRAIN
BMWS1000RRBAHRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to G-force

You will need head work with cams and probably mill the head too to bump up the compression.

What speed are you racing to? Figure that out and gear your bike accordingly for best acceleration while having just enough top end for the race
Old 11-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ok is this the Russian kit mentioned in another post? There is a big piece sticking out the side if so. I would be afraid to do trackdays with that piece in the way. If not, do you have pics of the setup? Do you have to use nitrous with a turbo? I want to keep the bike for a while since its probably going to be my last bike. I am 42.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis View Post
Old 11-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to G-force

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibb88 View Post
Ok is this the Russian kit mentioned in another post? There is a big piece sticking out the side if so. I would be afraid to do trackdays with that piece in the way. If not, do you have pics of the setup? Do you have to use nitrous with a turbo? I want to keep the bike for a while since its probably going to be my last bike. I am 42.
Yes he's talking about my kit. The only piece sticking out is the air filter that is easily removable for track days, can put in a screen in place of it temporarily so that crap can't get in.

No need for nitrous at all if you run a turbo
Old 11-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok, continuing from my other post. I can't do a turbo cause i do alot of trackdays. I dont want nitrous. With that said,,,still trying to be equal to this 225hp 2011 busa. I know there is a formula somewhere for it but how much hp would the lighter S1K need to beat a 2011 busa with 225hp? The riders are equal weight.
the old rule of thumb is 1 kilo = 1hp

i am assuming you are talking about straight line racing? why not race your mate on a track day, he wont get anywhere near you as soon as corners are involved
antonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Do you have any videos of it? Any pics? Is it ready? How is the sound? What are your numbers without nitrous? How much again? Install requirements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianvr4 View Post
Yes he's talking about my kit. The only piece sticking out is the air filter that is easily removable for track days, can put in a screen in place of it temporarily so that crap can't get in.

No need for nitrous at all if you run a turbo
Old 11-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Broa, I could care less if he had 300hp. No way on this planet is a street rider going to beat me on MY TRACK, "BARBER" on any Busa. To me that is absurd. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonn View Post
the old rule of thumb is 1 kilo = 1hp

i am assuming you are talking about straight line racing? why not race your mate on a track day, he wont get anywhere near you as soon as corners are involved
Old 11-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Broa, I could care less if he had 300hp. No way on this planet is a street rider going to beat me on MY TRACK, "BARBER" on any Busa. To me that is absurd. LOL
That sounds like a betting proposition. How fast are you around barber on your S1000RR?
dagor6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement