What kind of hp would a lighter s1k need to beat a 225hp busa - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > S1000RR/HP4 Tech and Performance Chat

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to G-force

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibb88 View Post
Do you have any videos of it? Any pics? Is it ready? How is the sound? What are your numbers without nitrous? How much again? Install requirements?

i have all the R&D done with 1st production kit just about ready to ship. getting the flanges cut and some other fittings CNC'd etc took a lot of time and money but now i have everything ready for production and will be setting up a vendor account here to sell them.

made 265 RWHP on pump fuel (93 octane) on a bone stock motor. install is 100% bolt on, no need to cut or modify anything besides the bottom fairings for exhaust/intake.
G-force is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 02:36 AM   #12 (permalink)

Sure I've seen a drag race with an S1k and a Busa - think it was MCN that did it and the stock S1k won anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:51 AM   #13 (permalink)

Rvr4, I giggled like a little kid when I saw your picks. :-). I can only imagine how mind blowing it must feel to ride that bad boy. I wish....
BudaLivesThroughMyHP4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:55 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianvr4 View Post
You will need head work with cams and probably mill the head too to bump up the compression.

What speed are you racing to? Figure that out and gear your bike accordingly for best acceleration while having just enough top end for the race
Since he is against a turbo or nitrous he's goin to have to shell out some coin for motor work. It really all comes down to how much money you are willing to shell out to beat the bus and prove your point what ever it maybe. There are plenty of mods you can purchase and then remove for track days or daily street riding. But we really need to know how the busa is set up. Is that 225rwhp
Boost/nitro
Stock wheel base or stretched how many inches over?
Stock height? lowered straped
Distance and type of race?
Stock Sprockets front or rear.
The more info you can provide the more informative answers will be. You can always purchase a new chain sprockets swingarm ext full exhaust, front strap kit clutch mod etc and then remove the majority of the items for daily or track riding. Stock vs stock launching a bus or zx14 is a lot easier than any 1000cc supersport. Practice and some mods without knowing the other bikes setup or rider its quite possible to beat him with your stock eng and bolt ons.At the end of the day you have a supersport bike designed for track not a supersport touring bike that is at home on the drag strip. I have a 2007 zx14 and in the straight aways or 1/4 mile stock vs stock I'll beat most literbikes. In the mtns I'm burning brakes scraping pegs trying to keep pace with them and 600s.
Rubber side up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #15 (permalink)

i have all the R&D done with 1st production kit just about ready to ship. getting the flanges cut and some other fittings CNC'd etc took a lot of time and money but now i have everything ready for production and will be setting up a vendor account here to sell them.

made 265 RWHP on pump fuel (93 octane) on a bone stock motor. install is 100% bolt on, no need to cut or modify anything besides the bottom fairings for exhaust/intake.[/QUOTE]

How many pounds of boost were you running for 265rwhp?
When you say stock motor i assume your just refering to internals. What about the fuel injectors?
Whast all is included in the kit I'm not in the market yet but stupid fast and 130mph wheelies in turns does get me alittle excited.
Rubber side up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #16 (permalink)

that was with 3-4 lbs of boost. yes, the motor has never been opened. fuel injectors are aftermarket. stock ones max out around 230 whp.

kit includes everything necessary to make the bike run, you need to have a PCV for tuning, wideband gauge and boost gauge recommended but not included.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #17 (permalink)

Last week I tuned a Gen 2 Busa that Eric built at the shop. 1441 that made just shy of 230 wHP. This weekend the owner ran it and was running 8.8 @ 159 mph. I would guess that it will run 8.7s once the owner gets use to it. What does it take to get a S1Krr there with a normal sized rider?
RansomT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #18 (permalink)

What do you consider normal sized?
I did 8.9 with just exhaust and pcv but I'm 125lbs lol
Old 11-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #19 (permalink)

I run consistent 29's. I am not saying i am the fastest and I am not trying to call anyone out on here. I am focused on this dude on the Busa. But if you are going to ride the Busa, I am all IN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagor6 View Post
That sounds like a betting proposition. How fast are you around barber on your S1000RR?
ibb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #20 (permalink)

Did you purchase the turbo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber side up View Post

made 265 RWHP on pump fuel (93 octane) on a bone stock motor. install is 100% bolt on, no need to cut or modify anything besides the bottom fairings for exhaust/intake.
How many pounds of boost were you running for 265rwhp?
When you say stock motor i assume your just refering to internals. What about the fuel injectors?
Whast all is included in the kit I'm not in the market yet but stupid fast and 130mph wheelies in turns does get me alittle excited.[/QUOTE]
ibb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement