HP4 Race parts (TBA) - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > S1000RR/HP4 Tech and Performance Chat

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
d40

Default HP4 Race parts (TBA)

Well, I thought I had convinced myself that I didn't need an HP4, until I read the full press release that is...

HP Race parts.

• HP Race data logger.

• HP Race Power Kit.

• HP Race Calibration Kit II (TBA).

• HP Race Cover Kit.

• HP Race gearshift-pattern reverser.

• HP Race brake pads.

• HP Race tire warmers (TBA).

• HP Race wiring harness (TBA).

• HP Race pit carpet (TBA).

• HP Race Engine Kit I-III (TBA).

• HP Race gearbox (TBA).

The ability to build the ultimate street bike (and one helluva track bike) with all factory components is getting harder to resist. I'm sure it would be awfully close to 40 grand w/ all the good stuff though However, the performance numbers have got to be insane. Bravo BMW.

Last edited by d40; 10-30-2012 at 11:11 PM. Reason: typo
d40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

All parts you list are the same used on the S1000RR.

Nothing unique in there for the HP4
MasterTommy NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
d40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTommy NL View Post
All parts you list are the same used on the S1000RR.

Nothing unique in there for the HP4
Here in the States, "TBA" means To Be Announced . According to BMW NA (Bavarian Motor Works, North America), the products I highlighted in bold have yet to be announced. I wasn't saying the items were unique to the HP4. Since they aren't on any of the BMW websites, not listed in any parts catalog and failed to be mentioned in the previous HP Race products press release, the details of their fitment or applicability are unknown.

What I was trying to say was that those yet to be announced items combined with the HP4 exclusives, like DDC and launch control, would make a hell of a street bike.

However, with your personal exemption to the voided warranty of the HP Race ECU, you're obviously privy to insider BMW information and have levels of access and privilege that escape the grasp of us mere "civilians", so please share with the board and a simple 99 percenter like myself the technical details and components listing of the Race gearbox and Race engine kits I-III. Also, what are the programming capability and interface differences between versions 1 and 2 of the Race calibration kit? Can the 15 levels of slick mode DTC be custom mapped with the software? What about the Race ECU, how does it take advantage of the HP4's updated hardware and software interfaces and integrate with the on-the-fly adjustability of the DTC in slick mode?

Last edited by d40; 10-31-2012 at 01:47 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-31-2012, 02:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

dont have all of the info yet but it hink you are right about the new callibration kit for the hp4, it would make sense that you would want to adjust the launch control and possible suspension.
as for the rest the stage 3 engine kits consist of carrillo rods, CP pistons with 14:1 comp ratio and stage 3 cams and new valve springs and retainers, the are going to be distributed through alpha racing and most are now available separatly, the gearbox is a close ratio cluster assembly but i havent seen any info on that yet, we are currently using the pistons, cams and valve spring retainers and they seem to work good, there is not a lot of horsepower gain but a lot more punch out of the corners and free reving, we are installing a lighter crank next month along with a custom made lightwheight alternator-rotor will post results
antonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

The new things about the HP4 is combining the GPS and DDC,DTC,ABS,motor brake etc.So what is new is something that is available some years now in SBK,Motogp and very very expensive electronics.With the new kit you can make c hangings depending where you are in the track!Lets say you need less traction but more rebound damping in the 1st turn but more traction in the 2nd turn.All these can be programmed before you go in for your laps via the new software. It will be really amazing for the advanced track riders and racers...
You will never be arrested #58
DrIoannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d40 View Post
Here in the States, "TBA" means To Be Announced . According to BMW NA (Bavarian Motor Works, North America), the products I highlighted in bold have yet to be announced.
No **** sherlock.

Quote:

I wasn't saying the items were unique to the HP4. Since they aren't on any of the BMW websites, not listed in any parts catalog and failed to be mentioned in the previous HP Race products press release, the details of their fitment or applicability are unknown.
I wasn't contradicting you either, just adding info to the subject? Your reply on the other hand seems to me you feel offended.

Quote:
What I was trying to say was that those yet to be announced items combined with the HP4 exclusives, like DDC and launch control, would make a hell of a street bike.

However, with your personal exemption to the voided warranty of the HP Race ECU, you're obviously privy to insider BMW information and have levels of access and privilege that escape the grasp of us mere "civilians", so please share with the board and a simple 99 percenter like myself the technical details and components listing of the Race gearbox and Race engine kits I-III. Also, what are the programming capability and interface differences between versions 1 and 2 of the Race calibration kit? Can the 15 levels of slick mode DTC be custom mapped with the software? What about the Race ECU, how does it take advantage of the HP4's updated hardware and software interfaces and integrate with the on-the-fly adjustability of the DTC in slick mode?
More details are unknown up to now. However, i can always give you my professional mind blowing insight in the terminology. Which of course, is only available to me, as i have special insight in BMW's super special secret stuff To Be Announced-list.
MasterTommy NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
d40

Quote:
No **** sherlock.
I was being snarky genious. You have a history of being premature and showing a lack of understanding, as you've demonstrated yet again, so I correctly figured I would spell it out for you.
Quote:
I wasn't contradicting you either, just adding info to the subject? Your reply on the other hand seems to me you feel offended.
No, not offended, just don't want your troll droppings stinking up another thread. There is no added value in either of your comments, but if you're feigning legitimate input now, then so be it.
Quote:
More details are unknown up to now.
That was my entire point guy, you could have just said that upfront or better yet, not even commented. This stuff is TBA so it's obvious that not all of the details are known-"Sherlock". You chimed in about it being nothing "unique to the HP4" for some reason, but you really have no clue...as you finally admit

Last edited by d40; 10-31-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
d40

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonn View Post
...as for the rest the stage 3 engine kits consist of carrillo rods, CP pistons with 14:1 comp ratio and stage 3 cams and new valve springs and retainers, the are going to be distributed through alpha racing and most are now available separatly, the gearbox is a close ratio cluster assembly but i havent seen any info on that yet, we are currently using the pistons, cams and valve spring retainers and they seem to work good, there is not a lot of horsepower gain but a lot more punch out of the corners and free reving, we are installing a lighter crank next month along with a custom made lightwheight alternator-rotor will post results
Real world info from someone who knows. Thanks.

Good luck with the crank. Even BMW had a little trouble figuring out the best way to go with that.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

'Scuse my ignorance,but wasn't the change to heavier crank mid 2010 instigated by the World Superbike team?
gixerconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
d40

^^^ yea, as I recall, the BMW factory team had to decide on reliability vs the benefits of a lighter crank...I don't feel like digging, but there is plenty of discussion from back in 2010 about the whole episode.

Last edited by d40; 10-31-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement