Bmw s1000rr wont start. :-( - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > S1000RR/HP4 Tech and Performance Chat

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 03:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bmw s1000rr wont start. :-(

so i was riding my bike and the motor shut off but the gauges were still lite up. i cycled the key once and it turned back on. Then it happened again it shut off but after that it did not want to start . tried push starting it no luck, tried jumping it no luck. also when i try to start it . it just makes a click sound. battery got good voltage. what can cause this to happen? someone please help me .
Holyshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 06:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

I had this happen to me the other day... Check the fuses under the seat. There are a couple replacement fuses in your tool bag in the passenger seat.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
whites1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

I had my starter switch quit working while 100 miles from home. Fortunately there was a slight decline and with the help of a couple of large lads I got a good push and it started - rode back to dealer and he had a switch installed in about 20 minutes.
thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Although the battery has 12 volts, it doesn't mean it is OK so don't rule it out completely. Load test it first.

Then check the fuses as mentioned above (or check them first).
viperclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have Woodcraft rearsets on my 2012 and love them cause I wanted GP shift which works great.
tysonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

My bike just loses power completely. Nothing in the gauges or power anywhere. Dealer said it was the battery. Changed and upgraded to a better one, and still having same issue. Not good riding or crossing traffic and my bike just shuts down, and a real pain in the ass when it happens at night on the highway. I have to turn the bike off and back on, then maybe, it recycles, does a few clicks and powers back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Cory's1000rr2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

mine did that and it was the fuel moduel
rehs1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

This is exactly what happened to me. Check the sensors. The one on the right side right below the tank was my issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyshift View Post
so i was riding my bike and the motor shut off but the gauges were still lite up. i cycled the key once and it turned back on. Then it happened again it shut off but after that it did not want to start . tried push starting it no luck, tried jumping it no luck. also when i try to start it . it just makes a click sound. battery got good voltage. what can cause this to happen? someone please help me .
ibb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement