Bmw s1000rr wont start. :-( - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 03:34 AM Thread Starter

Bmw s1000rr wont start. :-(

so i was riding my bike and the motor shut off but the gauges were still lite up. i cycled the key once and it turned back on. Then it happened again it shut off but after that it did not want to start . tried push starting it no luck, tried jumping it no luck. also when i try to start it . it just makes a click sound. battery got good voltage. what can cause this to happen? someone please help me .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 06:15 AM

I had this happen to me the other day... Check the fuses under the seat. There are a couple replacement fuses in your tool bag in the passenger seat.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 01:09 PM

I had my starter switch quit working while 100 miles from home. Fortunately there was a slight decline and with the help of a couple of large lads I got a good push and it started - rode back to dealer and he had a switch installed in about 20 minutes.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 04:48 PM

Although the battery has 12 volts, it doesn't mean it is OK so don't rule it out completely. Load test it first.

Then check the fuses as mentioned above (or check them first).
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 07:42 AM

I have Woodcraft rearsets on my 2012 and love them cause I wanted GP shift which works great.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 11:57 PM

My bike just loses power completely. Nothing in the gauges or power anywhere. Dealer said it was the battery. Changed and upgraded to a better one, and still having same issue. Not good riding or crossing traffic and my bike just shuts down, and a real pain in the ass when it happens at night on the highway. I have to turn the bike off and back on, then maybe, it recycles, does a few clicks and powers back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 11:18 AM

mine did that and it was the fuel moduel
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 04:44 PM

This is exactly what happened to me. Check the sensors. The one on the right side right below the tank was my issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyshift View Post
so i was riding my bike and the motor shut off but the gauges were still lite up. i cycled the key once and it turned back on. Then it happened again it shut off but after that it did not want to start . tried push starting it no luck, tried jumping it no luck. also when i try to start it . it just makes a click sound. battery got good voltage. what can cause this to happen? someone please help me .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode