quarter mile build aka "Jack the Ripper" - Page 9 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > S1000RR/HP4 Tech and Performance Chat

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #81 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to G-force

sounds like a good time to install a turbo setup
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #82 (permalink)

made it out to the track last weekendm but work has been hell so its been a few days since ive been able to post.

i ran a new pb, 9.56, but i started to have clutch problems. and it was really ALL OF A SUDDEN too.

i ran a pass, maybe my 10th of the night, and let my bike sit and went to get a bottle of water to cool off. when i came back the clutch lever was really stiff and the point in which the clutch would grab and start moving the bike was all of a sudden at the very end when the lever is almost all the way out.

so i ran a couple more passes and the clutch was slipping so bad i ran a horrible 9.9 and an even worse 10.1

so i babied it home and came back the next morning to see what i could find out...

only to find nothing. i mean NOTHING to be wrong. the clutch is the same as every other clutch ive seen on any of my other bikes in the past. i did find one fiber to be a tad bit burnt and one steel that was slightly discolored. i tried adjusting the clutch from under the cover and it seems that where i have to have it to get the lever to be adjusted right, makes the clutch barely release enough to move the fibers and steels back and forth with your finger. like its too tight and the clutch wont release enough and the bike would move even with the lever all the way in.

i havent had a chance to test it yet because i forgot my key then went out of town for work, but tomorrow i will get my key and see if i can get it better. im hoping to move the cable adjustment enough along with adjusting the clutch itself and get it better.

and on a side note, how in the hell does the clutch change in feel sooooo bad all of a sudden? the only thing i can come up with is when i walked off to get a drink, one of the other racers moved the lever adjustment. i hate to say that, because all of the riders out at the track are really cool and laid back. i just dont see what else could have happened.

i know the one steel and the one fiber werent in good shape but there is no way that it should have had my clutch slipping enough to have my bike run that bad of an et.

im hoping i can get it all sorted out and get back out to the track as there is only 2 more weekends left in the season.

Fully bolted, stretched, and tuned '11
"Jack the Ripper" quarter mile monster

Last edited by TheAlchemist; 11-09-2012 at 11:22 PM.
TheAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #83 (permalink)

I found it to be the issue with the clutch cables, I have to constantly adjust mine when it heats up it tightens up for some reason. It was probably too tight that's all. Always make sure you have a little play in the lever.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App
SS1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #84 (permalink)

I've heard that, but the day after it had been sitting all night. It was Stil just as tight as the night before? Does that sounds similar to your experiences??

Old 11-12-2012, 08:22 AM   #85 (permalink)

is 3rd coast going to be dynoing the bike also?
504boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #86 (permalink)

I posted a graph as well as pictures from the shop in an earlier post. Mike did dyno it and I was pretty happy with it. Now that the season is less than a week from being over, I'm having to decide on how to add more power.

Turbo or bolted and sprayed.

Either way, the next graph should be pretty nice

Old 11-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlchemist View Post
I posted a graph as well as pictures from the shop in an earlier post. Mike did dyno it and I was pretty happy with it. Now that the season is less than a week from being over, I'm having to decide on how to add more power.

Turbo or bolted and sprayed.

Either way, the next graph should be pretty nice
what did your bike originally dyno @ before 3rd coast tuned it?
Old 11-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #88 (permalink)

It wasn't tuned. That's was a before dyno. The bike as of now, is still stock down to the air filter.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlchemist View Post
It wasn't tuned. That's was a before dyno. The bike as of now, is still stock down to the air filter.
usually when a bike is dynoed the tuner will get a initial untuned pull to compare with the final tuned pull 2 compare and contrast gains any idea what it pulled untuned?
Old 11-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504boy View Post
usually when a bike is dynoed the tuner will get a initial untuned pull to compare with the final tuned pull 2 compare and contrast gains any idea what it pulled untuned?
THE GRAPH I POSTED EARLIER IN THIS THREAD WAS UNTUNED.

im not sure what your not understanding but i dont really need you to explain anything to me. ive been modding my cars and bike for over ten years now. i think i got the hang of it. im very aware of what a before and after dyno tune is.

honestly i dont mean to offend you, but please read the entire thread before posting. everything you have asked is already in my posts. i do appriciate your interest in my thread. but please try and read everything before posting, it makes it easier for people to follow if information isnt being revisited imho.

like i said, sorry if i offended you. i wasnt trying to. i just dont know what else to say.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement