quarter mile build aka "Jack the Ripper" - Page 11 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > S1000RR/HP4 Tech and Performance Chat

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #101 (permalink)

it was set up when the arm was on and i messed up and set if for 175 lbs instead of 190 lol. forgot about the gear.

i am waiting on my bazzaz to come in and then i will get the tune done with the pipe on. losing that much weight will pick it up some and the sag hopefully can be left as is. ill have to do some ridding to figure it out. but im sure it will be fine.

i havent decided on sprockets as of yet, i know alot of guys change em but i dont see the need to just yet. im still trying this in steps and ill just have to wait and see next season.

i stil have the clutch mod from brock to put on lol

Fully bolted, stretched, and tuned '11
"Jack the Ripper" quarter mile monster
TheAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #102 (permalink)

started on the install on my ARCS and i must say i am very impressed with it. it fits flawlessly and man does it sounds angry. i can stop looking at the little vid i took lol

tomorrow i will go back and i will try and get the bazzaz fuel controller and the qs installed and get a proper tune on it then see how the sound improves. runs a little rough at idle and the throttle is a little slow. but its expected with still running the stock map without the cat.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:49 AM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlchemist View Post
started on the install on my ARCS and i must say i am very impressed with it. it fits flawlessly and man does it sounds angry. i can stop looking at the little vid i took lol

tomorrow i will go back and i will try and get the bazzaz fuel controller and the qs installed and get a proper tune on it then see how the sound improves. runs a little rough at idle and the throttle is a little slow. but its expected with still running the stock map without the cat.
If you r interested i can send u my Bazzaz map that i created on the dyno for my 2010 S1000RR with Austin Racing exhaust ARCS & MWR airfilter, it was tuned little bit rich @ 12.5 AFR?
2010 S1000RR- Ported head by Bsinclair-Austin Racing GP3 full Exhaust - Brentuning flash device - MWR HE Air Filter - BST wheels - Ceramic wheel bearings , 5" stretch, lowered, Brock's Performance clutch mod & heavy spring kit & front strap kit, APE Clutch, -1 front
8.78 sec on 91 pump gas & Conti SportAttack2 tire
YouTube: BMWS1000RRBAHRAIN

Last edited by 1000RR Bahrain; 12-09-2012 at 03:52 AM.
1000RR Bahrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #104 (permalink)

that would be great! thanks. pm me and we will work it out.
the bazzaz came with a pre loaded map but idk how good it is.

i actually got it all on and installed and the bike will spin over but wont start. thinking about calling bazzaz on this. i checked and rechecked ten times. i even had 4 other people check and they all said that i installed it all correctly.

i went really slow and made sure everything was done just as the instructions say. bike has no lights on the cluster and it turns over like normal. just doesnt start up and run. i ran the bike with the acrs installed and no bazzaz on saturday, but now after the bazzaz and qs, it doesnt run. i just need to find out what it is that i seem to have missed...

Last edited by TheAlchemist; 12-09-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #105 (permalink)

well i found out that i had the large ground wire in the wrong place. i called bazzaz and the guy on the line was very helpful. gave me 3-4 steps to try and was really eager to help. very easy to work with.

i got everything running and then all the fairings back on the bike. the only thing i havent done is set up the linkage on the qs. i havent had one before so im wondering if i have to adjust the timming or if the way it is set will be ok.

ive gone out of town for work and wont be able to mess with it any more till i get back. the pipe is awesome and i couldnt be happier with it. both the bazzaz and arcs we very good buys and i would recommend them both to anyone who asks.

i see that the tune is a little rough down low but i have a couple more maps to try and see if that change it any. i cant wait to get back home and get a few miles on this thing. i took bets with my room mate on how long it will take before i get a noise ticket lol

Old 12-12-2012, 12:38 AM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlchemist View Post
well i found out that i had the large ground wire in the wrong place. i called bazzaz and the guy on the line was very helpful. gave me 3-4 steps to try and was really eager to help. very easy to work with.

ive gone out of town for work and wont be able to mess with it any more till i get back. the pipe is awesome and i couldnt be happier with it. both the bazzaz and arcs we very good buys and i would recommend them both to anyone who asks.

i see that the tune is a little rough down low but i have a couple more maps to try and see if that change it any. i cant wait to get back home and get a few miles on this thing. i took bets with my room mate on how long it will take before i get a noise ticket lol
Did the guy from Bazzaz suggest to place the ground negative of the Bazzaz directly to the Battery? Because without doing so, you canít accurately calibrate the TPS.

Yes, both the Bazzaz and Austin Racing exhaust are great products and their customer service is 1st class.

I would also suggest to you MWR High Efficency airfilter:

or

2010 S1000RR- Ported head by Bsinclair-Austin Racing GP3 full Exhaust - Brentuning flash device - MWR HE Air Filter - BST wheels - Ceramic wheel bearings , 5" stretch, lowered, Brock's Performance clutch mod & heavy spring kit & front strap kit, APE Clutch, -1 front
8.78 sec on 91 pump gas & Conti SportAttack2 tire
YouTube: BMWS1000RRBAHRAIN
1000RR Bahrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #107 (permalink)

I have a BMC race already. It's in the bike now that I had to take out the air box anyways.

The instructions had me ground the wire to the bolt that mounts the starter to the engine block. I tried looking into putting on the battery, but the wire actually isn't long enough to reach. If my tuner has issues with it then ill have him extend the wire and get it to the battery.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #108 (permalink)

well i got a break in the cold weather earlier last week and took the bike for a little spin. the quick shifter works well and the new power increase and loss of weight is insane!

i didnt think it would be quite THAT noticable lol. i didnt really get a chance to hammer on it due to the numerous holiday cagers on the roads and the tire on the back prolly wouldnt have hooked very well anyways... but

i couldnt be happier. my room mate had me install a brock alien head on his bike and while it is a nice bike/pipe... it doesnt hold a flame to the bmw/arcs set up. i cant even tell he is any where near me when we were scooting around town lol

i cant wait to get it out on the strip so i can grip it and rip it. all i need is for speed and strength to actually get some of their new suits out to vendors so i can get on shipped to me and im working on getting a trailer for the long trip back and forth. other than that ill be set... of course untill i need to start buying rear tires again.

i hope every one had a great christmas, for those who celebrate it, and i would like to wish everyone a safe and wonderful new years!

-Ryan

Old 01-06-2013, 01:57 AM   #109 (permalink)

going to try and put a few miles on the bike tommorrow. going to get into the 60s, or close to it, and sunny.

im really getting excited about it. im looking to see how it goes with my new pipe and qs/fi controler. im just hoping there are no set backs/bugs/problems. i will try and take my gopro along with me so i can get a little video of just how a south texas winter is. maybe give you guys snowed in up north a little something to watch to pass the time. lol

my room mate will be on his 2012 14r that is stretched and recently piped and tuned(i installed his as well as all my mods). might even get to see a little 3rd gear 70-120 if the roads permit.

guess we will have to wait and see. i still cant wait for the new race season. it is looking very promising this year!

Old 01-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #110 (permalink)

well the weather did turn out to be quite as expected but i still got a couple hrs in. the video i had gotten isnt very good... i still need to figure out how to stop the camera from making a loud clicking soud when im moving. i thouhgt the hard mount would stop that but it doesnt seem to do so well. also, with the bike being set up very very soft for the track the video is very... bouncy lol. its perfect on the strip but i guess for short ridding vids it isnt so nice.

the new power is very much noticable, as im sure you all know. and i just couldnt get enough of the sound. i could have rode all day it if i had more cold gear!

im looking into getting some ridding in this saturday as well, its supposed to be in the 70s here in south east texas

hope everyone is having a nice winter where ever you are. i personally cant wait till the tracks here start running again!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement