BMW S1000RR Forum banner

2015 Dash Readings

4K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  WmassMSP 
#1 ·
So over the rainy weekend I found out about the lean angle, dtc, and abs readings under the equipment menu. I understand how to read the lean angle, but what about the dtc and abs? I sometimes see them change, but I have no idea what any of it means. Just to double check, does the dtc shows up to the left, and abs to the right?

#3 ·
So for abs if you get it to read at the top, does that mean you're using the max braking power, and does it only show while braking?
For dtc do the readings stay for awhile after the event, and I'm assuming the less torque removed the better?

#5 ·
I think max deceleration is well beyond what the gauge says. Yes it only shows for braking.

Yeah it does seem like the DTC readings stay for a while longer, perhaps the power is re-applied slower. Yes less torque removed the better in that you haven't needed DTC to reduce power.

#6 · (Edited)
I just found the page in the manual I was looking for (94). There are two bars for each reading. For abs the current deceleration shows on the right, and the max stays on the left. For dtc the max reading stays on the right, and the current is on the left.

Should I stay in sport dtc unless I plan to drift/wheelie out of turns?
Is there a point to have less abs?

#14 ·
I meant if I'm riding in race dtc and an unexpected bump gets my wheel off the ground, will race dtc make a difference in height? (I know the sport dtc saved me once in this situation) I also want to get the feel for my wheel off the ground without a bump, and still have somewhat of a safety net.

Basically I want max control for unintentional wheelies, some control for intentional wheelies, and not much less traction control. I only got up to 20%, 30% tops for torque reduction. Would race dtc change those readings, or is it only different when it reaches 100%?

Bringing the engine mode into play, would the lack of engine braking in slick be beneficial if I have and SR? (let off throttle)

#15 ·
Yes it will make a difference as race lets it float longer.

Seriously mate instead of asking a billion questions just ride the thing. Use the user setting to put the engine in slick and DTC in race and go explore what it's like. Once you've felt race DTC stick that in slick too. That's the only mode your going to get any decent front wheel lift from

#17 ·
Be careful about wheelies tho! I have found that in sport mode if you get on the throttle fast and smooth to the point of a wheelie it will come up rather high. Well no HIGH but higher then if you try th wheelie it. I have gotten used to the wheelie control now so when it cam up 2x as high on the same setting i was like wtf. After some playing around and thinking i got it down. Race mode is the same but more. If you getting moving fast and crazy smooth the front wheel sensor will not catch the slower speed as fast and the front will raise up more so then normal (normal being full throttle in 1st and letting it control it all).

SO on my old bikes i would power up or clutch up and let it come right back down ( no wheelie king here!!!) Well if i want that same height and feel of a wheelie i can get it by kinda tricking the system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.