Can a 190/50 work - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > S1000RR/HP4 Suspension Setup, Tires, and Wheels

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 08:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Can a 190/50 work

Good morning and happy thanksgiving to all,

My question is this. I bought a set of Dunlop q2's in what I thought was the right size for the rear, the shop shipped a 50 instead of a 55 for the rear. What issues will I encounter? I'm sure maybe tc, anything with the ABS? Any insight would be appreciated. I looked at the other post but nothing definitive has arise.

Thanks in advance, Zoom
ZoomMp7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
BAZ

My dealer put a 50 section by mistake, they did offer to replace it but i've had no issues whatsoever
BAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

For street use, no problem. For track, I don't recommend them.
Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomMp7 View Post
Good morning and happy thanksgiving to all,

My question is this. I bought a set of Dunlop q2's in what I thought was the right size for the rear, the shop shipped a 50 instead of a 55 for the rear. What issues will I encounter? I'm sure maybe tc, anything with the ABS? Any insight would be appreciated. I looked at the other post but nothing definitive has arise.

Thanks in advance, Zoom
You won't have an issue what so ever track or street the 55 is a taller tire while the 50 is a bit wider and this will make the bike not as easy to turn specially on track as a 55 would ,other than that you good
Jimmyc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

All thanks for the insight so far. Is it true that the ecu can be calibrated to incorporate the 50. The reason I'm even asking, my k3 are beat, the belts are starting to show I received a excellent deal on some Dunlop q2's. I didn't want to deal with the return hassle. So I'm at the point of if the 50's cause issue with the abs or the tc I rather deal with the hassle. I run the bike in race on the street, depending on the riding I'm doing I sometimes go into slick, which at that point tc and abs wouldn't matter.

Zoom
Old 11-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage

Everyone is different, the bike will be a little more sluggish transitioning from side-to-side, most it wouldn't bother; myself it would.

Triple
Triple Threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Triple,

So is it fair to say that besides the sluggish tip in the issues of the TC and ABS shouldn't pose a issue? Also I read one of your posting a while ago about tires. Good post btw, what tires are you running on the street if you don't mind me asking? Also what's your opinion on the Q2's ?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomMp7 View Post
Triple,

So is it fair to say that besides the sluggish tip in the issues of the TC and ABS shouldn't pose a issue? Also I read one of your posting a while ago about tires. Good post btw, what tires are you running on the street if you don't mind me asking? Also what's your opinion on the Q2's?
I'm not sure if it will or will not cause any TC issues.

I'm running K3's on my 1000RR and Q2's on another bike I own. Both are exceptional tires. Due to price point and the fact that Q2's are far better during a track day, it any easy nod for the Q2's.

Next time around I'm running Power Ones or Q2's on the 1000RR, it will come down to price point as well.

All the best,

Triple
Triple Threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have 50 on my rear and absolutely no issues on performance or electronics for street riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
nik08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

Nik, triple

Thanks for the insight not to keeping beating a dead horse I think I'm going to just call the dealer. I'm going to make sure the electronics won't get jacked and stick with the 50's.

Also all that chimed in thanks for your insight, happy holidays again.

Thanks, Zoom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement