Front end push - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > S1000RR/HP4 Suspension Setup, Tires, and Wheels

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reject View Post
I've racked up an amazing 450 miles on my 2012 so far. When i got the bike, the first thing I did (before even riding it) was take it to a well known race shop here in Atlanta and get the suspension \ sag setup for my weight for track use.

I've been hauling around the mountains trying to break things in and it really feels like the front end wants to push out in tight corners. Tip in is great and keeping my line around long fast sweepers is no problem at all, but when I start pushing it, the front isn't 100% confidence inspiring. Really feels like I have to hold back more than normal until the corner starts to open up.

Is this normal? Any adjustments I can make to help resolve the issue? I'm going to try adjusting the tire pressure and see if that helps any.
if you have a shop or a suspension tuner set up your bike, and you feel its not right, the first thing you should do is call them and tell them what its doing or not doing, not come on a forum asking a question, lenny from ohlins did my suspension and he is just a phone call away if ever need to call him

btw i would never ride with tire psi that high, i use dunlop gpa211's and i run 31f 26r, (actual reccomended is 31 21 but i went up 5 on the rear) i've never used the bridgestone that you have, but generally more tire on the ground the better, you don't want your front feeling flat, but you still want grip
Josh Hayes | Melissa Paris | Josh Herrin | Jeff Agnes | Dane Westby | Taylor Knapp | Garrett Carter | Chaz Davies | Aaron Gobert | Clinton Seller | Santiago Villa | Corey Rech | Huntley Nash | Benny Solis | Payton Sassaman | M3 Roadracing | Josh Day | AF1 Racing | Van Blaylock | Don Dahl | Brandon Cretu | Cory West | Chris Filmore | Alex Welsh | Elena Myers | Martin Cardenas | Danny Eslick

Last edited by ckruzel; 11-12-2012 at 09:10 PM.
ckruzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Sponsor/Admin

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMRRA12 View Post
a lot of stuff gets blamed on suspension that is rider error and we blame the bike (not saying that this is the case ) its just important to understand it could be you and not the suspension at all, so its’ important that we eliminate the “YOU” factor before we adjust anything
Ahh crap... I'm always blaming the "me" factor... I figure the bike must be fine, something I'm doing

Serious... first try and replicate the issue. Once you're confident you can replicate the issue, try a couple things relative to you (body position, throttle position and control, braking, etc.) and see if it impacts it. If it ends up being suspension, this information will also help your suspension guy provide you a good option to try. And yes, those tire pressures are too high... first fix that, then see if you can replicate it again... For some spirited riding, try 32r/34f. Then see if you can replicate the same issue. Then go from there.

There is not a magic formula. What works for one may not work for another rider... too much is dependent on the rider's "style" as well as ability.
SMRI #715, AHRMA #715 WMRRA #112x, USBA #715, AMA #715

Thank you - 2015 Race Sponsors (click below)!!

MRRF-Road Racing Forum**Schuberth Helmets**Held Gloves/Leathers**Riders Discount**Pit Posse**Woodcraft**MOTUL

Motorcycle Racing - Because basketball, baseball, football, and golf only require one ball!
1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reject View Post
your weight - 210 + gear
riding ability - Above average
years riding - 8+
body postion (a pic of you in a turn if you got one)
current set up - NA right now
tires (brand) - Stock Bridgestone BT0016
tire PSI - See below

Tire pressure might have been a huge factor in what I'm feeling. I stupidly believed the PDI tech would have set the pressures correctly, but I checked last night and the front was at 39 psi and the rear was at 44 psi. I've lowered them to 30 front and 28 rear, but I haven't had a chance to ride yet, will probably take it out tomorrow and see how it feels.

These are the only pics I have, they are from 6 years ago so probably not much help. lol I'm on the black ZX-6R with the blue headlight tape.

Sounds to me like you may have found the problum.. correct psi plays a huge role in how a bikes Feels and responds.
AMRRA Open SS Expert #2
WMRRA #112
Sponsors:
Lithia Motors
Snap-on tools
SMX Optics
Ride Engineering
Suomy Helmets
Leatt neck braces
AMRRA12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement