BMW S1000RR Forum banner

DDC Setting for Track/Twisties 2015-16 DDC

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  skids69 
#1 ·
Greetings...

So I have had my 2016 S1K for nearly 3 months now, and have not played with the suspension settings at all despite spending nearly every weekend in the canyons :surprise:

The bike feels very stable already and i confidently drag knees without any noticeable stability loss, but then again.... I am no expert.

That being said, I looked on the forum for a good baseline, but only saw 3 year old + results for the HP4.

Can anyone recommend some good settings for a 200-210 lb rider (In full gear)?

Thanks again!

#2 ·
If you are 190 plus gear then have the preload all of the way out on the front and rear. Either leave everything in race mode or go the the user mode and try the ddc on sport for bumpy roads and race for smoother roads. Slick is way to abrupt for any surface I have ridden on.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Reactions: Spectre1
#4 · (Edited)
I would recommend referencing the manual for setting proper sag. I weigh 160 lbs. without gear and I have the front preload all the way out for 10 mm of sag and 12 turns in on the rear for 10 mm. 0 on the front damping and +2 rebound and 0 compression on rear. I always run user mode with DDC in sport mode on the street. The track I ride at is quite bumpy and I have found that DDC sport works best there as well. Race probably works well on a smooth surface, but I agree with the previous comment that slick is very harsh. The suspension, not the engine response if that was your question about being abrupt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.