BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Alpha Racing Clutch Cable?

8K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  AndyHP4 
#1 ·
I'm going to try the mod to "fix" the '15 s1krr "tipping" issue.

Is there any downside to the alpha racing clutch cable?

#9 ·
I always wondered why stock cable goes on right side (muffler side) and then crosses to the left. Why not just make it shorter and keep it on the left. Is that how the Alpha cable is routed? On the left?

#8 ·
I dropped my motor out this weekend to replace it. In the process of removing the clutch cable one of the single strands frayed out. It is probably still ok to run as is, but I couldn't help but consider replacing it. The Alpha cable is reasonably affordable (shocking for Alpha), but now that I hear that the length is different I am curious.

Anybody run one of the Alpha clutch cables before, and can offer more detail? Should I order an OEM one and call it a day, or just leave it be?

#11 ·
In the process of removing the clutch cable one of the single strands frayed out. It is probably still ok to run as is, but I couldn't help but consider replacing it.

Should I order an OEM one and call it a day, or just leave it be?
Replace it with something, once they start it's just a matter of time before it fails you and it will always be at the most in opportune time!

#18 ·
Even it's an old topic but yesterday I installed the alphaRacing cable clutch and oh wonder it's quite short so another way must be found.
Well, even I didn't find any picture here from alphaRacing I just routet it between steering haed and the right fork tube - way nicer since the cable isn't that stiff like the OEM one and less moving during steering.
I routet it also through that front right hole in the frame where the other thick loom also runs through instead outside around the frame - fits beautifully with plenty of cable left to adjust even having the OEM ignition/lock still in place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.