BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Stock suspension set for personal weight

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  HOG SLYR 
#1 ·
I recently just purchased a 12 model s1000rr and was curious if getting the suspension set for my weight will make a noticeable difference on track days.

#4 ·
Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag Set Sag

#7 ·
correct me if im wrong but i think the front forks are setup as suck that you cannot set the sag , i tried to set it turned the red knobs on the top and noting happened , so i just set it 4 turns from the most soft setting with rebound set on 7 and that did the trick for me

#9 ·
I will definately be working on this this weekend. I dont have a track near me that I can get to in order to really test different settings. I will have to try and find some open, non-busy roads near me and test it out. It seems like when riding 55 mph and below, if i apply any front braking i can feel the nose drop.. ant idle speeds or speeds less than 15 mph the nose shoves straight down. this has caused me to want to apply more back brake.. which i know I dont want to do... so this is a must adjust for me...

thanks for the tips everyone

#10 · (Edited)
As recommended set your sag and record all of your numbers before and after including where all of the compression/rebound settings are so you'll have a place to go back to as a baseline if you don't like your changes. Also put a small zip tie on one of your fork tubes about at the mid point so you can see how far you are compressing the forks under hard braking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.