BMW S1000RR Forum banner

eDDC Fault?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  AndyHP4 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have the '16 with DDC. I am the first owner. I have read the manual for this bike, googled things about it, etc and as far as I understand, the bike comes from the factory setup for a 187 lb rider? I weigh 150; maybe 165 suited up and have never had an issue with the suspension before. Always felt solid in the turns, my tires are fully inflated. But as of last night, every bump in the road had my bike bouncing around like it was a trampoline! I just had the 12k service done about two weeks ago and everything checked out fine. I went into the DDC settings and ramped up everything to +4, +3, +3 and then my suspension felt good again. But being that I've never had to mess with my suspension before I was concerned some gremlins must be running amuck. Checked my forks, no leaks. Is this just a product of me wearing out my suspension somehow?

TLDR
Had to tune my DDC suspension up fairly high despite never having to mess with it before just to eliminate the trampoline effect. What should I focus my attention on to identify the problem?

#2 ·
Double check preload/sag first. I weigh ~185lbs geared, I have preload all the way out (front/rear).
Front DMP -1, rear com/reb 0/-1.

Also see what DDC mode you ride in.

Settings you posted are way too stiff for your weight IMO.

If you have a gs911 read codes to check for errors.

#5 ·
Agrred - preload all removed, then start with -5 all around and increase to -3, -1 etc. until you feel comfy.
Of course a +4 means very low speed in comp/reb so you barely compress the suspension under your weight fast enough...-5 is way more repsonsive/faster!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.