What it takes to install an Akrapovic Exhaust, or Most Any Full System... - Page 8 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > S1000RR/HP4 Do-It-Yourself

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #71 (permalink)
Sponsor/Admin

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hneto View Post
Hi everyone, I don`t mean to disturb....

I have difficulties understanding/writting in english but Im following this topic ok

I have one question...

If I convert my bike to Akrap full system, do I need to put also the pcv and the autotune?

How necessary is that??
The bike will remap it's own ECU according to the algorythms and all ready programmed fuel maps... it will do this over time. So the answer is NO, you do not need a PCV/AutoTuner.

That said, if you do install an PCV and go get a custom map/dyno tune done, or install the PCV/AutoTuner (no custom dyno tune), you will get more output from the bike w/the new exhaust you installed.
#1 Plate/Champion - 2013 SMRI

SMRI #1, WMRRA #112x, USBA #715, AMA #715

HUGE Thanks to my Race Sponsors!!

Riders Discount**PMtec, Inc**Schuberth Helmets**DUNLOP**DrippinWet**Brentwood Barber Shop**MOTUL**MRRF-Road Racing Forum**Leatt Neck Protection**Knecht Automotive

Motorcycle Racing - Because basketball, baseball, football, and golf only require one ball!
1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #72 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Another thought on making this process easier - use a bit of WD40 on the rubber mounts for the oil cooler and rad. Everything will slip together so much more easily, and inserting the washer and clip will not be difficult. Do the same thing for the fairing sides where the peg goes into the rubber mount, makes it simple to reinstall.
skapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #73 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hneto View Post
Hi everyone, I don`t mean to disturb....

I have difficulties understanding/writting in english but Im following this topic ok

I have one question...

If I convert my bike to Akrap full system, do I need to put also the pcv and the autotune?

How necessary is that??

No, you don't have to.

The bike will run ok without PCV.
But, it probably won't run at 100% Optimization.

We find most customers who spend $17k + on their bike want all the HP out of it that they paid for.

So more often then not, they get the PCV as well so they can tune it to full potential.

Great Prices, Fast WORLD WIDE Shipping, Large Inventory and Excellent Customer service.
Follow us on TWITTER & Facebook to get Exclusive SMOKIN' Deals

Celebrating our 15th year in business.
HardRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #74 (permalink)

Thanks a lot, S1000rr Administrator and HR sponsor! I understood everything!

A feel days ago, I posted an email to HardRacing interrest in buying the Akrap Evo (long canister).
They were very quick to reply and yet, they gave me an excelent feedback about shipping abroad! I really appreciated!

Well, the negociation still remains, the problem is that despite the Us fees, my country also have heavy fees under this kind of import, so Im analising the best possibility!

If I buy here in a good price store, converted in US currency, they charge over $2.552,90 (not intalled)

The Pcv and autotune, $990,00

I was doind the math, and to import the Evo system the price will probably be higher!

See how bad is it??

Anyway....this is subject to another discution, otherwise this will interrupt the topic, witch is great by the way!

Once again, thanks!!
HNETO#82/Brazil

Last edited by Hneto; 10-13-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Hneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:11 AM   #75 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skapan View Post
Probably too late to help fat tony, but that screw is T30 and it's easiest to get at from the left (kickstand) side with a 6 inch extension on a 1/4 drive ratchet. Just clears the oil filter and you can see that the bit is engaged (or not). Now if I could just find that clip off of the oil cooler bracket.........

Also, there is a diagram in the Akro instructions that shows how the header flanges are installed. I could post it but everyone that bought a system should have those instructions.
i got myself literally under the bike to get this done....my fat hand...

MWGP #929

-------------
Live2Ryde
2011 S1000RR
2013 R1200GSW - sigh...
2009 K1300S SOLD!
S&Kmotorrad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardRacing View Post
No warning light.

The ONLY reason you would get that, is if you Turn the Servo Wheel. (popular mistake).

When you disconnect the cables you just pop them out of the holders to release the tension.
A lot of guys think you have to turn the wheel to release the cable.

If you do that, then the light will come on.

The bike doesn't even have an FI light.

Removing the cables and removing the servo triggers exactly the same fault in the fault log. It won't show, it is only visible by reading the fault log. O2 sensors also trigger a fault when removed.
MasterTommy NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:56 PM   #77 (permalink)

I may get the time to install my SS Akro full shorty this weekend. A few questions for those in the know.

1. I didn't receive the white ceramic paste in my pack. Can I use the copper pastes on the SS joints as long as I use the white ceramic paste (I have a little left over from when I did my slipon) where the SS joins the titanium muffler?

2. Can you really connect all the piping together (ex the muffler) prior to installing?. Surely it will be hard to align into the flanges this way?

3. Where do I find a map for the PCV for my setup ie shorty Akro at sea level with 98 RON fuel?

4. Who has a close up of the way the flanges sit, so I can get them right?. I can see them in the Akro instructions but not completely clearly.

Wish me luck. thanks
claytoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:10 AM   #78 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytoga View Post
I may get the time to install my SS Akro full shorty this weekend. A few questions for those in the know.

1. I didn't receive the white ceramic paste in my pack. Can I use the copper pastes on the SS joints as long as I use the white ceramic paste (I have a little left over from when I did my slipon) where the SS joins the titanium muffler?

2. Can you really connect all the piping together (ex the muffler) prior to installing?. Surely it will be hard to align into the flanges this way?

3. Where do I find a map for the PCV for my setup ie shorty Akro at sea level with 98 RON fuel?

4. Who has a close up of the way the flanges sit, so I can get them right?. I can see them in the Akro instructions but not completely clearly.

Wish me luck. thanks
the flanges isn't the hardest part...trust me...

MWGP #929

-------------
Live2Ryde
2011 S1000RR
2013 R1200GSW - sigh...
2009 K1300S SOLD!
S&Kmotorrad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #79 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

When you look at the Akro picture of the flanges, just note on which side they have the spring on the top. Actually, looking at the clips on the pipe will tell you which way to put the flanges. As others have said, this is not the hard part.....
skapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #80 (permalink)

So the hard part is getting past the radiator or are there other challenges?
claytoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement