DIY Cup holder on 2012 S1000RR - Page 5 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > S1000RR/HP4 Do-It-Yourself

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #41 (permalink)

Garage

One more pic showing the clearence between my foot and the cup holder. Note these are Masei riding shoes, not boots. Sorry for the bad arm-out photo.

*Masei shoes are decent and surely safer than normal sneakers. ~$80-100 on eBay. I like them because I can wear them to the Gym, lunch, etc without getting strange looks, even without carrying my helmet.

Masei Helmet Motorcycle Icon Bike Boot Shoe 5 Colours | eBay

I like them in White best, but these are my grey ones. They look fireproof, its a cool finish.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Foot_On_Pegs_2013-01-15-14.26.47.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	11300  
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #42 (permalink)

This is giving me heartburn.
the_gooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #43 (permalink)
Sponsor/Admin

Garage

Doesn't matter if you're being perceived as a baller or not... That (the red one) right there is the shittt vvvvvvvvv

#1 Plate/Champion - 2013 SMRI

SMRI #1, WMRRA #112x, USBA #715, AMA #715

HUGE Thanks to my Race Sponsors!!

Riders Discount**PMtec, Inc**Schuberth Helmets**DUNLOP**DrippinWet**Brentwood Barber Shop**MOTUL**MRRF-Road Racing Forum**Leatt Neck Protection**Knecht Automotive

Motorcycle Racing - Because basketball, baseball, football, and golf only require one ball!
1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #44 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePainClinic View Post
Trent,

You have been an inspiration to me. A leader, one who sets the example. Not only are you a rocket scientist, you're an international man of mystery. However, I see two problems:

1. how to carry a delicious, yet, refreshing beverage.
2. how to drink the refreshing beverage.

I am not a fan of modular helmets, which, would solve #2. So, I am looking for more of your cosmic guidance to assist me in this matter.

I chose to mount near the passenger pegs. As, my sasquatch size feet need all the room they can get. I'll report back after trials to determine whether or not the "venturi" effect is an issue. I used some sponge weather strip to protect the rear frame, and EMT 2 hole strap 3/4 inch, and two machine screws, zinc, #10-32x1/2. Attached are pics of the install. Thank you again for setting the bar!

Mr Pain,

Sorry I missed your post somehow... Great work and a good mounting point. The only negative I can see besides all the hate, is that it might obstruct the passenger foot slightly, and thats assuming you give people the privilege.

Overall a good, solid mount. How is the angle? My first mount had one mounting point so I could rotate the holder 100 degrees or so to find the optimal angle. My second aluminum mount has a fixed angle which works great.

I use my drink holder every trip to the Gym and 30.4% (rounded to the nearest tenth) of my Starbucks return trips.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #45 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000RR View Post
Doesn't matter if you're being perceived as a baller or not... That (the red one) right there is the shittt vvvvvvvvv
Thanks man... (had to Urban Dictionary "Baller", suppose that makes me lame), but I do listen to Dubstep and know Marilyn Manson is really a dude.

The S1000RR was my come up.

Funny story; Neither the Porsche nor Ferrari came with a cup holder. I installed a Carbon Fiber cup holder in the F430 where the ashtray would normally reside, and guess what? ...nobody got all bent about it ...on s1kforum a tough crowd there is.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Console_length.jpg
Views:	945
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	11465  
Old 01-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #46 (permalink)
Sponsor/Admin

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent View Post
Thanks man... (had to Urban Dictionary "Baller", suppose that makes me lame), but I do listen to Dubstep and know Marilyn Manson is really a dude.

The S1000RR was my come up.

Funny story; Neither the Porsche nor Ferrari came with a cup holder. I installed a Carbon Fiber cup holder in the F430 where the ashtray would normally reside, and guess what? ...nobody got all bent about it ...on s1kforum a tough crowd there is.
The car definitely doesn't make you lame - that is the shitz!!!
#1 Plate/Champion - 2013 SMRI

SMRI #1, WMRRA #112x, USBA #715, AMA #715

HUGE Thanks to my Race Sponsors!!

Riders Discount**PMtec, Inc**Schuberth Helmets**DUNLOP**DrippinWet**Brentwood Barber Shop**MOTUL**MRRF-Road Racing Forum**Leatt Neck Protection**Knecht Automotive

Motorcycle Racing - Because basketball, baseball, football, and golf only require one ball!

Last edited by 1000RR; 01-29-2013 at 06:01 PM.
1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #47 (permalink)

I may be wrong but I think BMW just announced the 2014 RR stock model will have a drink holder.
AirSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #48 (permalink)

BAHAHAHA some people.... not a coffee drinker but I guess an addict is and addict
lnolan0403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #49 (permalink)

Take that off now... That's not rite

Last edited by Dflip; 04-05-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Dflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #50 (permalink)

What it doesn't come with a cup holder

Don't tell me its an option

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
2013 HP4 Competition #0929
"Bikes don't get a headache when you want to ride them..."
Cyberbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement