If you are installing the Pazzo clutch lever, you need to remove the plastic strike lever that attaches from the bottom. This lever strikes the clutch switch.
I guess some replacement clutch levers, like CRG (1000RR member indicated to me) have one attached already, so don;t need to deal with it.
The screw is a very small Torx #6.
Other than that, everything fits perfectly and no adjustments needed to make sure the switch is activated/deactivated with clutch lever is used.
So the install goes like this:
- Adjust the clutch barrel adjuster all the way in (ie., towards the grip.) and align the adjuster slit with clutch cable so that the clutch lever can be removed.
- Remove the nut, washer, and pin to release the clutch lever.
- Remove the clutch lever pulling until it is free. The slack in the cable helps this to be easy.
- Remove the clutch cable from the clutch lever.
- Remove the plastic lever with the Torx #6 and reinstall on new clutch lever.
- Reverse steps to re-install new clutch lever.
Note the torque for the clutch lever pin/nut is 10NM.