BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Heated Pro Grips 719

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Ride4life 
#1 ·
Just installed Pro-Grips 719 on my 16' RR the left side was easy. The other side was a nightmare to get all the melted on old grip off. A wire brush and a razor blade was used. But the huge upside is that almost all the vibration in the bars is gone. I can also highly recommend old hair gel as a lubricant/Glue. And the grips no longer made of concrete.

#2 ·
I just looked that grip up in google. I do see that it is a 'heated' replacement grip option for the S1KRR with heated grips. I only see $19 gel grips but no heated option.

Reactions: bennymx
#5 ·
Well, I am not god, but, from experience.. I do know how much the left side COMPLETE heated grip / throttle assembly is ( $331 ) . The short story is my bike fell over while on the trailer and caught the rail on the heated grip and tore a nice hole in it. Pics show the thin of the rubber with the heating element.

To cut the ends off the OEM heated grip and then put PROGrip rubber over that, would make that grip completely too large for my hand to grip.

Attachments

#10 ·
a mate of mine bought an RSV4 because of the apparent vibration issue on the S1000RR. i have recently developed carpal tunnel. the Doc says i might have to do with the extra winter weight i am carrying (and the amount of riding i do).
Funnily, i notice my fingers tingling more when i get off the RSV4?

#11 ·
What I find strange is that I noticed a lot more vibration riding the RR than on the 899 (it does have ProGrip 717 and I miss them).

But when I removed those huge bar end weights and installed the LighTech carbon fiber lever guards, it seems to be noticeably less.

Perhaps less is more...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.