need help deciding on riding suit color scheme - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > S1000RR/HP4 Appearance

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #11 (permalink)

I woud go with an all black or maximum black with a hint of some other colour, this way it would go with any bike.
Yamaha R1 01 [Sold]
yuvraj8511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Sponsor/Admin

Garage

As many have said before... I don't like to go and match a bike... just means I'm buying more gear when my paint or bike changes.

FWIW, careful on buying black... yes it goes with everything, yes it doesn't show the bug guts as much... but it will get a bit hotter during the sunny summer days than a lighter scheme! I was in an all black suit during the 2011 season and changed to a mostly white this past season - what a difference! HUGE improvement in staying cooler/more comfortable.
#1 Plate/Champion - 2013 SMRI

SMRI #1, WMRRA #112x, USBA #715, AMA #715

HUGE Thanks to my Race Sponsors!!

Riders Discount**PMtec, Inc**Schuberth Helmets**DUNLOP**DrippinWet**Brentwood Barber Shop**MOTUL**MRRF-Road Racing Forum**Leatt Neck Protection**Knecht Automotive

Motorcycle Racing - Because basketball, baseball, football, and golf only require one ball!
1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Mostly white would be my choice to stay cool in the sun, but make the bottom half mostly black so that the dirt won't show. A white upper half with some black and an accent color works really well to enhance visibility, that is if the car drivers ever look up from texting. No I would not try to match the bike, nor would I go for the BMW suit, both are a bit old school for me.
skapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #14 (permalink)

Are you all referring to the BMW DoubleR suit? It seems like a pretty solid piece and it's made with 1.0mm thick kangaroo leather.
9mmkungfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Yes, the BMW suit. The design is old. Can't comment on the material or construction, but for that money I'd rather get a custom suit in kangaroo.
skapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #16 (permalink)

Just get whatever you want. F*ck what anyone else thinks. If you like to match, great. If not, that's fine too. I like to match gear with bike when possible, but I don't get hung up on it. What annoys me is when people say you're a poser and just want to look good if you buy matching gear. Shoot, half the reason bikes are bought is because of their looks! .......just also make sure you know how to ride
HULK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #17 (permalink)

Is thjis a serious question? Get the best quality you can afford and pick out what colors YOU want? Good Lord! Or take a friend a along and make sure the one you pick doesn't make your butt look big

"I have no idea. How fast was I going?"
Jagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #18 (permalink)

I wold go with mostly white. I feel it makes me more visible. Similarly with the helmet. And white goes well with most bikes. But yes - you need to clean regularly. Some Saddle soap will do good.
varunrajg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #19 (permalink)

I'm sure the color of it matters when you need the suit most in a high/low side crash or whatever type of crash, if the color is THAT important, maybe you should go into fashion and leave the track days for the fast guys who could care less what color their suit is. Just my .02
Old 12-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydixiewrecked View Post
I'm sure the color of it matters when you need the suit most in a high/low side crash or whatever type of crash, if the color is THAT important, maybe you should go into fashion and leave the track days for the fast guys who could care less what color their suit is. Just my .02
+1 Buy the best protection you can afford. Complementary colors look cool and all but keep your priorities in order.
michaelnewmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement