Led bulbs for running lights - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > S1000RR/HP4 Appearance

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Led bulbs for running lights

Hello All,

I replaced my oem bulbs with HIDs about 3 months ago and am in need of a proper LED replacement set of bulbs for the running lights. I do not like the bright white of the HIDs and the almost yellow look of the running lights together. Does anyone know of a website which sells the LEDs for just plug and play? I ordered some from a recommended website and when receiving them they actually did not fit into the socket so I just gave up. But now I am back in the hunt. If anyone can let me know it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
DUCKsMaNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to jwxfd

Super Bright LED Car Lights, LED Lights For Cars, LED Bulbs, HID Bulbs, HID Conversion Kits and Car Accessories
jwxfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks buddy. I actually ordered my LEDs from this site but blindly. Any insight on the exact bulb I am to order? Can not find anything specifically indicating that it is for the s1k. I am just looking to receive and plug it right in. Do not have much experience or knowledge with lighting.

Thanks again.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

DUCKsMaNe,

If you look in the BMW Rider's Manual on page 126-127, it suggests replacing the parking light bulb with a wedge type bulb - W5W, 12 Volt, 5 Watts.

If you want to use the LED type bulb you want to make sure it is a Canbus Error Free type. This will help prevent an error from being thrown on your dash. The other thing to consider is the size, both width and length. If it is too wide it will not fit in the housing. If it is too long it will bump up against the lens. You also want to be careful about getting too many LED's on one board. Some types of LED's can get hot and could potentially melt the housing if not careful.

So, in answer to your question I would look at the "2825, 168, 194, W5W" bulb category and look for the Canbus Error Free type. I believe that the wedge bulb is about 3/8" diameter (10mm) and overall height is 1-1/16" (27mm). I have not purchased from this company before so, I cannot make a recommendation as to which one I would purchase. I hope that this is helpful.
flwbyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I bought these for myself and for 3 of my S1000RR friends here in Bahrain.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC06282.jpg
Views:	2474
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	7946  
2010 S1000RR- Ported head by Bsinclair-Austin Racing GP3 full Exhaust - Brentuning flash device - MWR HE Air Filter - BST wheels - Ceramic wheel bearings , 5" stretch, lowered, Brock's Performance clutch mod & heavy spring kit & front strap kit, APE Clutch, -1 front
8.78 sec on 91 pump gas & Conti SportAttack2 tire
YouTube: BMWS1000RRBAHRAIN
BMWS1000RRBAHRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

If you have a good dealer, just go in and ask them to switch off the lamp alarm on their computer, you can`t do it on the GS911...

Then you can run any LED you want , and you wont need to worry about the hot running multi LED canbus error free type..

Dont be alarmed when you switch the bike off either, as the LED markers stay on for a minute or so then switch off themself (it`s a canbus thing)

Or run in slick mode all the time as no alarm on dash when in that mode..

The method on turning the alarm off for the dealer is on a post on here somewhere if they don`t know how.....
3blueS1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flwbyu View Post
DUCKsMaNe,

If you look in the BMW Rider's Manual on page 126-127, it suggests replacing the parking light bulb with a wedge type bulb - W5W, 12 Volt, 5 Watts.

If you want to use the LED type bulb you want to make sure it is a Canbus Error Free type. This will help prevent an error from being thrown on your dash. The other thing to consider is the size, both width and length. If it is too wide it will not fit in the housing. If it is too long it will bump up against the lens. You also want to be careful about getting too many LED's on one board. Some types of LED's can get hot and could potentially melt the housing if not careful.

So, in answer to your question I would look at the "2825, 168, 194, W5W" bulb category and look for the Canbus Error Free type. I believe that the wedge bulb is about 3/8" diameter (10mm) and overall height is 1-1/16" (27mm). I have not purchased from this company before so, I cannot make a recommendation as to which one I would purchase. I hope that this is helpful.

flwbyu

Thank you so much! I appreciate all the good info. Will be sure to utilize this when purchasing.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000RR Bahrain View Post
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I bought these for myself and for 3 of my S1000RR friends here in Bahrain.
1000rr

thanks bro! and they fit in the housing with no issues? i was told to take a look at these. this might be it. thanks again.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:19 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blueS1000rr View Post
If you have a good dealer, just go in and ask them to switch off the lamp alarm on their computer, you can`t do it on the GS911...

Then you can run any LED you want , and you wont need to worry about the hot running multi LED canbus error free type..

Dont be alarmed when you switch the bike off either, as the LED markers stay on for a minute or so then switch off themself (it`s a canbus thing)

Or run in slick mode all the time as no alarm on dash when in that mode..

The method on turning the alarm off for the dealer is on a post on here somewhere if they don`t know how.....
blue

great info. thanks! yea my bike never touches any other mode other than slick even in the wet lol. thanks for the info again
Old 03-06-2012, 05:58 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKsMaNe View Post
1000rr

thanks bro! and they fit in the housing with no issues? i was told to take a look at these. this might be it. thanks again.
Yah they fit without any issues
2010 S1000RR- Ported head by Bsinclair-Austin Racing GP3 full Exhaust - Brentuning flash device - MWR HE Air Filter - BST wheels - Ceramic wheel bearings , 5" stretch, lowered, Brock's Performance clutch mod & heavy spring kit & front strap kit, APE Clutch, -1 front
8.78 sec on 91 pump gas & Conti SportAttack2 tire
YouTube: BMWS1000RRBAHRAIN
BMWS1000RRBAHRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement