Ohlins Steering Dampers for the BMW S1000RR - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > Platinum Vendor Area > Riders Discount

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Platinum Site Sponsor

Garage
Default Ohlins Steering Dampers for the BMW S1000RR

While the BMW S1000RR comes with a steering damper from the factory, there is always room for improvement. This is why we recommend swapping the stock unit out for a shaft-style damper from Ohlins - which is exactly the route that we went when we built our own BMW S1000RR project bike.

Ohlins Steering Dampers are easy to install and each bike specific kit comes with all the necessary hardware to do to the job. Once installed, the unit allows you switch to your preferred amount of resistance at the twist of a knob. With 18 “clicks” between the hardest and softest settings on the adjustment knob , there is no shortage of tunability. The Ohlins name is also synonymous with quality, so you know that you are buying a product that will be reliable and long-lasting.

Be sure to get in touch with TJ if you’re interested in picking one of these up for your S1000RR. You can give him a call at 866.931.6644 ext 817, or send him a message through the forum. If email is more convenient, feel free to send those to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM and we’ll get back to you right away!

An adjustment knob with 18 different settings allows you to fine-tune the amount of resistance for a wide range of conditions.

www.RidersDiscount.com - Find Alpinestars, Arai Helmets, and other motorcyle accessories.

For the best service, call us M - F 10a - 6p EST and don't forget to check out what we're doing with our S1000RR project bike

866.931.6644 ext 817

Last edited by RidersDiscount; 11-29-2012 at 12:00 PM.
RidersDiscount is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Garage

I have this damper, it's WAY better than the stock one...worth every penny

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Detlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Garage

please PM me the price shipped to 10306

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>- (OO==OO) -<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Veni Vidi Vici
Sky is the limit...
Live for the dream...
Self made, self paid...
We don't ride fast, we fly low...
Riding a race bike is an art, a thing that you do because you feel something inside...--Valentino Rossi
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>-(OO==OO)-<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

2011 BMW S1000RR BumbleBeeBeast
2008 YAMAHA FZ6N R.I.P.
1977 IZH Planeta Sport R.I.P.
shavkatsi12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

I really wish you guys could post prices, it makes me feel like a cheapass waste of everyone's time when I ask 20 vendors for 20 quotes on 20 products and end up only buying 1. With that in mind, price to 80920?
Old 11-30-2012, 02:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

I think they do not post prices so they can give the best prices out there. So the other companies do not know what they are selling for it for. Also, I will add that it is also customer service. You might even have more question about the product or maybe need something different. You ask Tj for a quote or a question about any products and he will respond quickly. Also you have someone to go to if you have a problem for warranty. My time is money and not worth contacting 20 companies and you get what you pay for. Maybe a little cheaper but horrible customer service! I have been a member of many forums and TJ always has great feedback with the best prices and customer service. Hope you do not get upset on my post.
CVMA #65
jr3racing.com
1hotlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I really wish you guys could post prices, it makes me feel like a cheapass waste of everyone's time when I ask 20 vendors for 20 quotes on 20 products and end up only buying 1. With that in mind, price to 80920?
It's more than likely a MAP policy (minimum advertised price). It's designed to allow the smaller vendors to be competitive with the larger ones by keeping the prices on an even keel.
9mmkungfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

Can I get pricing shipped to 85212?
bahkhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Platinum Site Sponsor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotlimo View Post
I think they do not post prices so they can give the best prices out there. So the other companies do not know what they are selling for it for. Also, I will add that it is also customer service. You might even have more question about the product or maybe need something different. You ask Tj for a quote or a question about any products and he will respond quickly. Also you have someone to go to if you have a problem for warranty. My time is money and not worth contacting 20 companies and you get what you pay for. Maybe a little cheaper but horrible customer service! I have been a member of many forums and TJ always has great feedback with the best prices and customer service. Hope you do not get upset on my post.
Definitely appreciate the props!

www.RidersDiscount.com - Find Alpinestars, Arai Helmets, and other motorcyle accessories.

For the best service, call us M - F 10a - 6p EST and don't forget to check out what we're doing with our S1000RR project bike

866.931.6644 ext 817
RidersDiscount is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

Garage

Price To 27513

Thank you
tark1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Hi guys, price shipped to Sydney Australia?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Jasonbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement