Chris Peris Race/Track School - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > Rider Improvement and Techniques

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sponsor/Admin

Garage
Default Chris Peris Race/Track School

Just got home from Chris Peris' (AMA Pro Superbike Rider) two day school (yesterday and Thursday). Awesome weather and awesome track. Was held at Inde Motorsports Ranch in Wilicox, AZ just East of Tucson. I will guarantee you will find a number of things to work on for getting faster and safer on the track and also safer if you ride street.

The cost is VERY reasonable if you take your own bike and he has rentals as well that aren't too bad a price either.

Chris has a very good way of teaching and personalizing the class to your needs. The other instructors that were there were awesome too... Dustin and Jourdan - they rocked!

I focused on learning a new track in order to come up to speed (literally) on it as quick as possible for race related reasons as well as getting better on the the brakes. I definitely came home with a list of things to work on.

And a good ole shout out to one of our Forum Members - skivvis He was at the school as well. Pleasure to meet you out there - looking good on the S1 man!!
#1 Plate/Champion - 2013 SMRI

SMRI #1, WMRRA #112x, USBA #715, AMA #715

HUGE Thanks to my Race Sponsors!!

Riders Discount**PMtec, Inc**Schuberth Helmets**DUNLOP**DrippinWet**Brentwood Barber Shop**MOTUL**MRRF-Road Racing Forum**Leatt Neck Protection**Knecht Automotive

Motorcycle Racing - Because basketball, baseball, football, and golf only require one ball!

Last edited by 1000RR; 12-10-2012 at 02:29 PM.
1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 07:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

We've had Chris and his team here in Qatar twice now for the race / track school. I really enjoyed the two days again at Losail track, I can also recommend this.

I've also done California Superbike School levels 1-4, Peris racing school is more race orientated for racing as you might gather from the name.
samppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Sponsor/Admin

Garage

He had just gotten back from out there from a school in fact. In the school I was in this past week, there were a couple guys from Canada that had flown in, some street oriented folks, a total newbie to the track (which btw, he did AWESOME for his first time to the track), and some track day goers. I had a couple other racers w/me that attended. So he had a VERY wide spectrum of riders (backgrounds and goals) and was able to tune the class to each person's needs while out on the track. The drills for vision improvement were OUTSTANDING!!

I did a two-up ride w/him too... the level of smoothness in the braking zone as well as the level of patience exhibited trail braking into the turns were the two most impressive things I saw.
#1 Plate/Champion - 2013 SMRI

SMRI #1, WMRRA #112x, USBA #715, AMA #715

HUGE Thanks to my Race Sponsors!!

Riders Discount**PMtec, Inc**Schuberth Helmets**DUNLOP**DrippinWet**Brentwood Barber Shop**MOTUL**MRRF-Road Racing Forum**Leatt Neck Protection**Knecht Automotive

Motorcycle Racing - Because basketball, baseball, football, and golf only require one ball!

Last edited by 1000RR; 12-10-2012 at 12:35 PM.
1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

From a novice perspective, I was a bit worried going in that the class wouldn't be 'tuned' to my skill level. I was very wrong, Chris, Jourdan and Dustin were able to keep giving me things to work on in each of the drills and sessions that helped me make incremental improvements each time out.

By the end of the second day I was lapping a good 8s faster than previously, even with limiting my main straight speeds 20mph slower as I still have a lot of work to get turn 3 right.

Besides the instructors, I even learned a ton from the other students.

Was a great two days, at a really fun track.

build | pics | vids
skivviss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement