What did this street rider do wrong to high side (slo mo video w/sound) - Page 4 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-29-2012, 12:22 AM

call me a *****, but i love having traction control... everyone makes mistakes. most of the time my bike compensates for my issues...

imo our bike would of stopped that from happening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-29-2012, 10:35 AM

/agree - "call me a b**** but I like having a power saw to cut wood in half" do you need a power saw... nope but I'm happy to have it

use the tools available, can someone like rossi or hayden use the slip to their advantage yea sure, but I'm not them and it helps me from gettin f'd up on my path to knee draggin greatness. sure woulda helped this guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunSlinger View Post
call me a *****, but i love having traction control... everyone makes mistakes. most of the time my bike compensates for my issues...

imo our bike would of stopped that from happening.

Last edited by QuikSanD; 09-29-2012 at 01:41 PM.
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 03:48 PM

I believe that he was leaning the bike way to much, and with the current set of worn tires on. His body position did not help at all either, it was so bad that it probably worked the suspension even harder than it already had to.

I don't know how these guys have the confidence to go ripping around "trying" to just get there knee's down on these public roads. Only asphalt I trust is the track.

2012 Black BMW S1000RR (Street&Track): Upgrade Stage currently!! + 2012 Triumph Daytona 675R (Track/Race)
post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Threat View Post
Major factoer: He was "trying" to show off to the local crowd and as such, too many inputs prior to turning, revving, standing the bike up, came in with a bad line, body position.

Notice a few other things, his leather top & bottoms seemed to not be zipped together, or maybe they just don't fit him well. The previous corners was a complete and utter failure.

Had he had a bike with traction control it may of been a different story.

Triple
Agree with all of it
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 11:52 AM

Maybe it's the popularity of that corner for this photographer to create this amount of footage. But the guy in the original video isn't the only person that has trouble there

I do think theres more to that corner than the camera angle allows us to see.
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroshio View Post
Maybe it's the popularity of that corner for this photographer to create this amount of footage. But the guy in the original video isn't the only person that has trouble there

This guy goes out every weekend to take video and pictures. Just look at his YouTube channel, tons of crashes you could watch for days.
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax0238 View Post
This guy goes out every weekend to take video and pictures. Just look at his YouTube channel, tons of crashes you could watch for days.
I know. But he prolly picked that corner for a reason. I dont doubt theres a lot of rider error in the crashes. Jist saying there may be more there as well.
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroshio View Post

That's a crazy freaky corner! Definitely something odd there. It's almost like there's an oil slick in the same spot day after day.
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Banned

Throttle Control

In my opinion, the rider was not SMOOTH with the throttle that made the bike's suspension unstable + excessive throttle while leaned over + survival reaction when the rear started to slide (he chopped the throttle OFF) = HIGHSIDE.

read Twist of the Wrist II by Keith Code the cornering guruÖ.

George Villar
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 12:17 PM

A guy on another forum knows that corner and rides it often. He says the corner is a decreasing radius turn. Technical but not overly difficult if you know it's coming (or did a slow ride thru before trying to hammer it)

People who don't get caught offguard by it. And most of the crashes we get to critique are of riders without the experience / skills to handle a surprise like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode