BMW S1000RR Forum banner

PTT Sonoma 2/25 and 2/26

7K views 75 replies 9 participants last post by  Outta Control 
#1 ·
The subject of track days came up yesterday and @smash adams is attending both days. My HP4 is dying to get out of the garage, Keigwins doesn't start till the end of March so I just bought a 2 day ticket as well. So far the only forum member I've seen on a track day is @Bobby Johnny. I'm hoping some of you guys can be persuaded to come out as well. @Endless ? @Outta Control ? @RR1 ? @Bobby Johnny ? Time to shake off the winter cobwebs! :grin2:

The 2 day ticket is only $350. https://www.pacifictracktime.com/event-sign-up/

#4 ·
I'm planning on a season pass with Keigwins so I'll be at T-Hill a lot. Their opening weekend is 3 days there. March 25, 26 and 27.

Anyone know the best configuration? East, West or full circuit?

#8 ·
You could always do the U-Haul motorcycle trailer for $15 if that's easier than emptying out your trailer.

If we can actually get a bunch of forum members to agree on a date and track, I'll purchase a day with another organization to make it if other than Keigwins. :smile2:

#10 ·
OT: I don't know why it's so difficult to get bay area forum members together. I don't think I've ever been on a ride with more than 4. :rolleyes: OC, How many S1000RRs did we have on the Wild Sore Ass Ride? 5?

@simes007us Keep an eye out in this section for more posts about Nor Cal track days. T-Hill the 13th doesn't work for me.

If Laguna is actually going to be shut down as Nate suggested, we should make plans far enough out that we can get 5-8 forum members out there at the same time. :grin2:

#13 ·
#14 ·
How fast does the track dry to a reasonable level if it doesn't rain Friday before? I know it floods depending on the tide so that's always a thing.

Still, got until tomorrow to decide if I cancel my weekend tickets or not. And my track bodywork is with my painter so even a delay isn't that bad if I want to stop using my chinafairings and oem lights on track.

#19 ·
That probably wouldn't work. The problem is the hills get saturated and you have continuous run off in turn 1 and the bottom of 6. :frown2: At least that's how I remember it. Maybe they have added drainage?

#43 ·
The Pineapple Express keeps pounding us which is good for the reservoirs and snow pack, bad for the prospects of this coming weekend's track days. :frown2: My area has already had 10"s over the mean seasonal average. 38+ inches. It's coming down hard now. 80% chance for next weekend. :rolleyes:

#57 ·
You are the one that should have been praying to Jobu! Did you have to wear your waders all day? Are you one of the unfortunate few that had to strip down and get hosed off after the rescue? :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.