BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Gillies levers

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  EndlessS1000rr 
#1 ·
So im rocking the Gillies levers for my 2010 and wanted to know what others opinions are for this brand. I honestly dont mind them but not fond of them truly. If anything might be selling them or willing to trade, but wanted to hear anyone else on thoughts ?:smile2:

#2 · (Edited)
I have them on my bike. They're really really well made but I would say purely bling and maybe a tad functional if they fold in a crash. The bike's clutch and braking system aren't going to be "upgraded" by swapping levers. As I've said before 'round here; it's all about the bling, brochacho!

What I'm not sure about is the purpose of the threaded hole on the underside of each lever's tip.

#3 ·
i love gilles. great attention to detail and well made products. wish they offered the full catalog for this bike. but BMW bought rights to alot of thier designs so you have to buy the oem gilles and not their direct parts.

i had VCR rearsets on my r1 and found they do not and will not make them because the HP rearsets licenced out the same design and they arent allowed to sell them.

and since the HP rearsets cost 750+ to the 450ish of the VCR's i dont have any yet. but still keeping my eyes out on ebay for a used set

#5 ·
Yeah i know what you mean, the bling factor works well with the name yet im not sure the quality in my eyes does it justice being when pulling in they have a clicking noise as the lever seems to be moving with engaging and it becomes more a pain in the ass to use rather just knowing they are made to do the job correctly.

being its a 6 year old bike I have yet to see ASV levers come out but sure enough they can make anything for the Ducati just fine lol. Maybe ill look for CRG or even a stunt shorty lever for easy access without the hassle.

#11 ·
Gilles makes really good looking stuff, but it isn't cheap.

Their brake lever for the Brembo master cylinder is interesting looking. I was eyeing one on eBay, but the reality is that the money could be spent on something else I would rather want...like ceramic bearings...

I have CRG levers currently and they were a huge improvement in feel over stock.

#13 ·
I will have to check them out, I wanted to see if ASV would ever come to making a set for the BMW but that seems like a life long wait lol. The only issue I have is with the clutch lever and how warn down it is being it moves while pulling it in.:crying:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.