Future S1000RR owner - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1
Future S1000RR owner

Hi, I currently own a CBR500R and want to upgrade to a larger bike. I've wet my appetite with a Fireblade SP already, but I think the S1000RR is more my style, with the electronics and rider aids it offers. Only problem is, I'm "short of leg" and as I understand it the beamer has a ~33 inch ride height.
wavefront is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 09:07 AM
Senior Member
 
cyclesailor955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo.
Posts: 248
No Problemo

I have a 31" inseam and ride a S1000RR.
pchao likes this.
cyclesailor955 is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 05:20 PM
Senior Member
 
SaiyanMuscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 195
Your best bet is to just go to a dealership and sit on one. It's hard to compare leg lengths and sizes to see if it'll work for you. We all sit on a bike differently..even if it's a slight difference, it's still different
DCM likes this.

2016 BMW S1000RR
2014 Yamaha R6
SaiyanMuscle is online now  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 01:20 PM
Member
 
Mrdcook2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiyanMuscle View Post
Your best bet is to just go to a dealership and sit on one. It's hard to compare leg lengths and sizes to see if it'll work for you. We all sit on a bike differently..even if it's a slight difference, it's still different
I know people that are 5"6" and ride them. you should be good
Mrdcook2 is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 01:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Outta Control's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Silly-Con Valley
Posts: 1,180
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavefront View Post
... Only problem is, I'm "short of leg" and as I understand it the beamer has a ~33 inch ride height.
Never let anyone says you can't do it.

pchao likes this.
Outta Control is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 01:36 PM
Senior Member
 
kihtay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: AZ
Posts: 135
Garage
The s1000rr is a wonderful bike. I'm 5'3 and ride it with no problem
I also noticed that at a stop, it feels more balanced (I can have the ball of both feet touching)
Outta Control likes this.

@kihtay
kihtay is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 07:58 AM
DCM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 12
@wavefront I am planning to upgrade to the S1000RR from a CBR300R. I'm 5' 9" and the BMW felt fine. I like the confidence of the low seat height on the CBR but now have found that it is easy to scrape the pegs in spirited riding so a seat height an inch or two higher might be nice. The BMW is not that much heavier than our CBRs and the riding position felt spacious to me.
DCM is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 10:46 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 9
I have a 33inch I side leg and can assure you that is not the ride height. I'm sat with bent legs... Excuse the matching t-shirt ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20170618_154621.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	176185  
Nathan Rees is online now  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 10:57 AM
Senior Member
 
5150 Pops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North Chesterfield, VA
Posts: 2,622
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavefront View Post
Hi, I currently own a CBR500R and want to upgrade to a larger bike. I've wet my appetite with a Fireblade SP already, but I think the S1000RR is more my style, with the electronics and rider aids it offers. Only problem is, I'm "short of leg" and as I understand it the beamer has a ~33 inch ride height.
The height should drop about an inch or so if the suspension is dialed in for your weight and street riding.

Search for "setting sag" for more details.
Btw I'm around 30"- 32" inseam, not a problem.

It's all about relaxing/keeping your balance. Shorter riders sometimes will plant only one foot on the ground, while maintaining their balance of the machine and their selves at a stop.

2015 KTM SDC 1290R
2015 S1000RR - DDC
5150 Pops is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 05:49 PM
Senior Member
 
kihtay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: AZ
Posts: 135
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150 Pops View Post
The height should drop about an inch or so if the suspension is dialed in for your weight and street riding.

Search for "setting sag" for more details.
Btw I'm around 30"- 32" inseam, not a problem.

It's all about relaxing/keeping your balance. Shorter riders sometimes will plant only one foot on the ground, while maintaining their balance of the machine and their selves at a stop.
Are you referring to the newer models or all of them?
I remember hearing something about the newer models supposed to dampen a bit when on vs off?

@kihtay
kihtay is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome