BMW S1000RR Forum banner

2016 Cast wheels swap to 2015 forged wheels

9K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  415s1000rr 
#1 ·
Hey what's up everybody! So I found someone who can swap their forged wheels to my cast wheels anything do I have to know before Doing this and he is asking $1000 for the swap is that a good price?

#3 ·
What about the sprocket,chain,disc brake, and brake rotors? And do I have to go to the dealership to update the Ecu of my bike bc I changed it to forged now I'm gonna be running 200 tires rear? Sorry for too many questions I'm new to this bike.lol and thanks for your quick respond.??

#4 · (Edited)
ECU update to 200 tires can be done anytime, you can ride bike without it.

Yes, you will need forged wheel rotors, sprocket, cush drive, spacers, ABS rings. If seller does not have them, it's time to upgrade to Brembo t-drive.

Front sprocket and chain can be reused. But if you plan to track the bike, time for 520 conversion.

Reactions: CYCLE_MONKEY
#24 ·
That's good to hear. It probably makes the DTC less intrusive. I don't know how it does its calculations, but it may think that the rear is moving slower than it is because the diameter is larger. Your mileage will also add a bit slower and your speedometer will be slightly closer to your actual speed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.