BMW S1000RR Forum banner

My BR 2017 s1krr is not the real 2017\ 5 bikes in 7 months\ pics and videos

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  D.Clocktower 
#1 ·
Hello Guys,

I'm brazilian, I was leaving in Australia last year and My bike was a bmw s1kr... when I come back to Brasil last February I bought the s1krr 2017, but here in Brazil the 2017 model is not the (thank god!) 2017 euro4 with new and terrible decals in my opinion.

I have no idea yet how fast this bike is because I still need to roll 500km to unlock the rpm. I know this is important but it's very very boring. I started my motorcycle life in july 2016, with a ninja 300, and 15 days later I bought a 2016 ninja zx6r 636, than I moved to australia, got a mt07, and 45 days later I got a bmw s1kr... I moved to naked bikes because I need to go to work and carry my f****** ex wife to every places. I know this is very crazy, because I have no license yet :surprise:! I did the california superbike school course last January... Definately it was one of the best days of my life and I will continue to improve my track skills here in Brazil with my new bike.

I always loved motorcycle, I'm 32 years old, but as you know every parents say ''you gonna die''. I'm not a kid anymore, so I decide to study every single tutorial of how to ride propertly, almost 200h of motorcycles videos, I read ''a twist of the wrist'' before I get my first bike. That's why I guess IT'S POSSIBLE TO HAVE AN 600CC (ninja zx6r 636 AS A FIRST BIKE! I'm playing ride 2 to improve my skills too :grin2:. Don't wory about my license, I'm gonna start the driving school next Monday. It's gonna be a little funny to go there with an s1krr 2017.

There's some pictures of my bikes and a boring video of the limited rpm.

as U can see my english is not perfect, sorry for that! I hope to learn a lot here! thank you

See less See more
1 6
#2 ·
Welcome! Some nice bikes. Crazy that 17 RR looks just like 15/16 bikes.

What happened to the ex wife? Left her in Aus? :grin2:

I'm curious, do you prefer your leather suit to be on loose side? Was it rented or something? If you crash and suit is not snug, it won't protect you as much. Just pointing it out because you said you like learning and staying safe. I see many people wearing wrong size gear (mostly suits and helmets). Both need to be snug for best protection.

Reactions: Aminovisk
#6 ·
Welcome!

I gotta pipe in and get clarification on the suit comment, IMO that doesn't look too loose, looks comfortable to me. I can understand a loose two piece suit trying to ride up in a slide, but if a leather one-piece has really nowhere to go, correct?
I'm sort of shopping for one now, and trying to educate myself better on the fit and what to expect for comfort.

Thanks in advance,
L8Apex

#3 ·
yes, she's there and now I have a decent wife, my bike lol. I'm 1,78m and I lost 8kg in Australia working as labourer, so when i bought I was specting to gain some weight soon, the size is 50. I'm working out again and already gain 5kg back. My upper body is bigger than my legs so it's impossible to get 48 size.

#7 ·
Welcome, i think about half my riding friends didn't obtain a motorcycle license for a couple years. That's good you took CCS and moved up in bike class rather than jumping on a 1000 after a few months, rather quick but sounds like you learn fast.

You'll probably be the only s1000rr in the riding school, in the USA its not uncommon to see riders taking the MSF or license exam on 1000's. They usually suck at riding too :grin2:. more than half the sport bike guys failed the class before paying a person with a scooter to use for the exam(out of 20-25 ss guys).

#9 ·
Sounds like good advice z00, hadn't thought enough about how to really try it out very well without taking a ride in it.
I think I would definitely benefit from a custom measured suit, and probably much more likely to wear it if it fits as it should.

#10 ·
@L8Apex

Only Held and Dainese offer 1pc suits in long sizes as far as I know (I only fit in long sizes). I crashed in my 1pc Dainese suit 3 times and need to make it my backup suit. I have been looking at custom suit route as well. I saw custom suits from hazardous racing, for around $1600 one can get a kangroo suit, sting ray, ti armor, etc.... Seems like a good deal to me. Any similarly speced custom suit from Italian companies would be at least 50% more expensive.

Let me know what company you choose with custom route.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.