BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Brand New Bittersweet Owner

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  macdubhsith 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Finally picked up a 2016 S1000RR yesterday and am finally starting to feel comfortable with it after upgrading from a CBR500RR. However, this is not stopping me from kicking myself in the a**. If you're wondering why that is... I managed to purchase a $20,000 USD bike WITHOUT passenger pegs or seat! :serious:

Dealer had several S1000RR's on the floor, WITH passenger peg/seat; so I made the extremely sad mistake of assuming mine must have had it too (because why wouldn't it?). Don't know if it matters to you guys, I would suggest checking and then double checking before you sign for the bike and then the dealer just laughs at you as he charges you for the critical missing pieces.

The bike is amazing though. I don't regret it at all and am simply in awe of it. Spent the night in my living room!

#3 ·
The rear pegs and stands come up for sale on this forum for very reasonable price. Buy someone's that is making a track bike. The 12-16 are the same from what I have seen in these parts.

The rear seat is on ebay many times a month. just pick one that does not have rash or cut damage. the 12-14 will fit 15/16, but there is slight design differences.

you should be able to get those parts for less than $300 total. Where as dealer is double for those items.

Enjoy the new bike.

#4 ·
Yeah, I somehow managed to sign for a bike without pegs/seat :p

I love the bike though; no complaints whatsoever. And I sure hope I can snap up those parts cheap! Cause 600 mi service is $400, then tires is another $300, and if I were to buy the parts from the dealer another $600. LOL
That ain't even including the monthly payment and insurance!!

What have I gotten myself into here?? :grin2:

#9 ·
My dealership in Louisville, KY is just over $200 ($225?) for the 600 mile service. It's consists of an oil change, a visual inspection and removing the 9k RPM limit. (I'm presuming some other small quick check stuff too)
$400 seems to be on the high side for the amount of actual work and materials to me.

#7 ·
The MSRP for the cover, at least in the US, is $350. Since I prefer a clean look and will never ride with a passenger, I opted for no pegs and seat. I think my bike was one of the only ones my dealer had with that option.

#8 ·
When I bought my 2015 it came with the pegs and passenger seat. My dealer had several RR's on the floor all of them at that time had the rear pegs and seat. Since I don't ride my RR on the street I would have preferred the seat cover option.

I was at my dealers this past Tuesday again they had several RR's on the floor - this time all but one had the seat cover option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.