BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Newbie from PA

1K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  devildog 
#1 ·
Honorably served our beloved country for 18+, now enjoying the roads that our freedom provides us among my brothers & sisters abroad and here within this great forum! Looking forward to reviews, ideas and information about the finest riding machine, the BMW s1000rr...

Hello and SemperFi to all!!! >:)

#11 ·
Welcome, and thanks for your service.

The swingarm geometry on the 2015+ models is significantly different than the 2nd generation bikes. So an Ohlins for a 2nd gen bike won't fit without additional parts.

An Ohlins that is spec'd for an HP4 will, but for the money, you may as well buy the BM360 which has improved valving and is spec'd for the 3rd gen bikes. The swingarm geometry on the 3rd gen bikes is identical to the HP4, - inserts, linkage, shock mount.

#15 ·
Thanks Skapan! I didn't think Öhlins was OEM for BMW, would be GREAT, but no...... I have been looking at the online catalog for information etc. I was hoping to save a few dollars and help a fellow rider out by purchasing from someone who no longer needs one or can use the money. Guess if it's best to go directly to Öhlins, then I will have to just place an order soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.