BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Hello from Florida!

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay 
#1 ·
Hola everyone :)

I have had my bike for a year now with 7 K on is an a tad overdue for her first year check up (oh joy spending money never ends)!

I have had various bikes in the past including the F6, Gxxr 750, 1000 and my race bike SV650. But nothing compares to my current Beemer. I am looking into purchasing the new RSV4 in a year or so but for now ....

My name is Diana and I am a Firefighter/Paramedic and I welcome these forums due to the wealth of information that yall provide and experiences. Thank you!

#3 ·
Welcome! You'll love it here

#4 ·
Hola felliow Floridian.
I dont have have a s1000yet.
Have an HP4 on order.
Arriving in about 2 weeks.

I've had multiple bikes too.
GSXR 750, GSXR 1000, Aprilia RSVR, Hypermotard, and av650.
Currently have a ZX-14.

SO yeah... Have a quest too... How does the S1000 Compare to the GIXXER?

I'm in Florida too. Melbourne.
Fall/Winter I'm thankful I can ride when others store theirs.

#5 ·
Its a smooth as a Gixxer (but thats the beauty of the Inline 4s) but the comparison stops there!

The power band is intense but absolutely controllable. I try to forget that it has the ABS and Traction control and have in the past turned it off at the track but on the street it saved my butt when I ran over an oil spill on a turn (Yipes)!

I love it and I am grateful I have choices in dealers in the area since I love the response and service I get from Euro-Tampa dealership vs Daytona. I live in Orange city which is way closer to the East coast but am willing to travel to get great service.

#7 ·
Hee hee

Well I only have two requirements... warm weather and time to plan... so give me a month at least and a place to shoot for and if its big like Barber gimme 3 months to plan hahaha...

Im out for the next two months due to the Holidays :-( but it will go by fast for sure

Have you set your sights on any track lately?

#14 ·
Ive been to PBIR... I won my first and only race there on my SV.... I like it. Turn one after the chicane cracked me up tho

"Is that a tire on the road"

"Man that sucks, you would think you would see a wrecked bike because thats a really big tire"

Wait a minute"

"Holy **** THATS a gator"!

I felt like I was in the video game Pitfall with all the hazards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.