BMW S1000RR Forum banner

New Aus member

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Tam 
#1 ·
Hi All
New member here in Australia, been considering the S1000RR & I am keen for a test ride
Looking at the upgrades etc available for now

This post has been deleted
#11 ·
Such a tiny little muffler but it is so expensive???
I was told the genuine BMW version ( 77117723814 ) which is exactly the same but it has a black Akrapovic logo on it is not available in Australia for some reason, BMW stopped them from being sold near 18 months ago apparently? anyone know the story behind that?

Would be best to wait & find a good second hand one I think, I know they are a good product but $1000+ for a little muffler like that is way over the top no matter how good the quality etc is

#12 ·
Such a tiny little muffler but it is so expensive???

I was told the genuine BMW version ( 77117723814 ) which is exactly the same but it has a black Akrapovic logo on it is not available in Australia for some reason, BMW stopped them from being sold near 18 months ago apparently? anyone know the story behind that?

Would be best to wait & find a good second hand one I think, I know they are a good product but $1000+ for a little muffler like that is way over the top no matter how good the quality etc is

They probably stopped selling them because they only suit the old model bikes. For the 15 and newer bikes it's only the huge long one that's available

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.