New bike rider in Cali - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > BMW S1000RR Main > New Member Introductions

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 01:58 AM   #1 (permalink)

Talking New bike rider in Cali

Hey everyone

I'm a new rider, I don't own a s1000r yet, but that's my goal once I gain more experience. I currently have a ninja 300 to start and learn the bases on bikes. But as I learn more about I'm also going to learn, search, and ask questions in this forum so I can gain more knowledge of the s1000. I'm a big fan of BMW as I've own a few BMW's from a 3 series and two E46 M3 and E92 M3, which are great sport cars. But now I have itch for riding bikes and also tracking them as I did with my M3. So I hope to learn a lot from this forum and hopefully get my S1000r soon
Marioalex24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 02:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

WoW I am on the same boat. Once I was so excited about tracking my turbo e36 m3 now... Well it's sad but I don't see my self driving it any more. Once you get a bike you just want to surround yourself only with that object and nothing is ever good or fast enough.
dim22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Garage

My transition from a 2009 Ninja 250 to the 2012 BMW s1000rr was no problem (other than the height of the BMW had to be lowered for me a bit and the suspension needed to be set up for my size). Before I bought my own BMW, the first 5 experiences I had on the s1000rr were with California Superbike School where I could gradually get familiar with what the bike was capable of doing in a safe environment (track) while also learning to be a better rider. Considering your Ninja 300 already has a slipper clutch and ABS brakes (just like the s1000rr), I predict you'll have an even easier transition than I did!

'09 Kawi Ninja 250 CVMA #717
'12 BMW s1000rr

I like extremes.
ELLAinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLAinLA View Post
My transition from a 2009 Ninja 250 to the 2012 BMW s1000rr was no problem (other than the height of the BMW had to be lowered for me a bit and the suspension needed to be set up for my size). Before I bought my own BMW, the first 5 experiences I had on the s1000rr were with California Superbike School where I could gradually get familiar with what the bike was capable of doing in a safe environment (track) while also learning to be a better rider. Considering your Ninja 300 already has a slipper clutch and ABS brakes (just like the s1000rr), I predict you'll have an even easier transition than I did!
Hey Ella, did you have to re-spring yours due to your lighter weight? Curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Welcome Mario! You and Ella seem to have made, and are making, very wise decisions regarding your approach at sport bike riding. I really wish everyone would consider what you two have. I think we'd have much fewer crashes out there.......and our insurance rates would go down Good on you both!
HULK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mario, Welcome to California. I look forward to seeing you out in the canyons on your new S1000RR.
AirSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

welcome, I think you will make the transition no problem.
Fluxx43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Welcome, and I agree with what has been said already. Enjoy the BMW. I know mine is in at Lee's here in SD, with Jeremy Toye getting some street love, but once it is done. I too will be out there enjoying the canyons ONCE again! My ECU is also getting retuned so that should be some fun as well!
12S10004ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12S10004ME View Post
Welcome, and I agree with what has been said already. Enjoy the BMW. I know mine is in at Lee's here in SD, with Jeremy Toye getting some street love, but once it is done. I too will be out there enjoying the canyons ONCE again! My ECU is also getting retuned so that should be some fun as well!
Who is reflashing your ECU?
varunrajg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:45 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunrajg View Post
Who is reflashing your ECU?
Getting it tuned by "Foster Performance Sales, Rapid Bike USA".

He is about done and I should have it back soon, once I get it back. I will report results in a thread on here.

Jason

Last edited by 12S10004ME; 01-05-2013 at 12:52 AM.
12S10004ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement